ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisey tappety sound

Renault Clio 172
Hey guys.

So for a while now my Clio 172 sounds really tappety on idle. It kind’ve comes and goes possibly oil dependant? I always buy a good quality of whatever is on offer so never usually stick to the same one. Just wondering what could be done to stop it ? No it’s the not the dephaser, that was done like 3k ago.

Thanks in Advance

PH2 172
Hey guys.

So for a while now my Clio 172 sounds really tappety on idle. It kind’ve comes and goes possibly oil dependant? I always buy a good quality of whatever is on offer so never usually stick to the same one. Just wondering what could be done to stop it ? No it’s the not the dephaser, that was done like 3k ago.

Thanks in Advance

Carbon canister valve under the RH headlight ticking?
Disconnect it and see if it stops.

^^ What this guy said, I have the same issue, normally hear is at the traffic lights or at a stop. Noise occurs 10 mins after car has been started. Nothing major to worry about.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Bit more, think last service kit with oil filter, washer and 6L (5+1 topup) was 40 quid but still duck all money really

Renault Clio 172
Cheers guys wish I was a bit more educated about cars. Only bought my 172 cause my boss had a 182 cup and remember thinking it was ridiculously quick. I do love it just spent too much money on it, like 2k in a year. Will never see it back but I love it. Just started to piss oil by the sump too

PH2 172
Cheers guys wish I was a bit more educated about cars. Only bought my 172 cause my boss had a 182 cup and remember thinking it was ridiculously quick. I do love it just spent too much money on it, like 2k in a year. Will never see it back but I love it. Just started to piss oil by the sump too

Are you sure it`s not the gear change oil seal, like 99% of them do?
Looks worse than it is, as a little oil goes a long way.