ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisy dephaser, cam belt issues!

Williams2, clio 182
Alrite folks, looking for some advice! My 05 182 recently started sounding like a diesel! Presumed dephaser was on its way out, drove her literally a few hundred yards to petrol station,came to a stop and she cut out! Pulled off inlet manifold and engine mount/cam cover to initially check compression, however timing belt was slack! Guessing tensioner failure! Before I purchase belt kits,pulleys, dephaser and both timing tools, do you think it's head off and bent valves? Don't want to fork out ££££ on above items to find out valves are goosed! Any advice welcome!

Williams2, clio 182
Thinking that myself, I literally came to a stop then she cut out! If belt had skipped a tooth she would run rough or not at all! But there was no nasty valve impact noises!