ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisy Engine

Clio 200 Silverstone
Hey guys,

My car is a 05(Jan) Mark 2 clio and it's done 82k miles and the engine is loud and makes alot of noise. It's a petrol but it makes a chugging sound like a diesel would if you understand what I mean.

I was wondering what parts are making it loud and chuggy? and what I could do to make it sound smooth and not all loud and yuck sounding D:

Thanks for any help guys!

Clio 197
Sounds like you might be describing a misfire ?

How does it rev when stationary ? and drive on the road

Clio 200 Silverstone
Sounds like you might be describing a misfire ?

How does it rev when stationary ? and drive on the road

The exhaust is brand new sportex exhaust so It shouldn't be that. when it was standard exhaust it went "whiiir" like a wind up toy for the first couple hundreds revs but like an anti lag turbo after so many revs it turns normal and goes brum. but when the car is sitting on the road no moving, it's making that sound I'll take a video tomorrow of the sound and paste it here

Clio 200 Silverstone
I sounded like an Idiot there, I meant the delay is similar to a turbo lag lag

Clio 197
The exhaust is brand new sportex exhaust so It shouldn't be that. when it was standard exhaust it went "whiiir" like a wind up toy for the first couple hundreds revs but like an anti lag turbo after so many revs it turns normal and goes brum. but when the car is sitting on the road no moving, it's making that sound I'll take a video tomorrow of the sound and paste it here

Does it rev cleanly I.e pick up quickly when you press the accelerator or does it sound a bit lumpy?

I am thinking plugs / leads / coil pack