ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia 6500 classic battery life?

Im due an upgrade in a few weeks, on o2.

As much as I would love the iPhone I don't want a £40 contract. I like my phones simple, stylish and must have good battery life (I would hate charging it every day).

Was looking at the Nokia 6500 classic, however I've heard bad things about the battery life? Its a relatively old phone now, so im sure some of you guys would have had one... how was the battery life with low/average usage?

Ta

You can probably get a much better handset for free, then flog it and buy the 6500 on PAYG for £100, therefore getting you your phone + some cash :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Got one mate, love the understated look. Wanted one after seeing alans.
Battery life I don't think is any worse than any other phone i've had tbh.
A lot of calls will kill it quickly I would say tho.
I highly reccomend it.

182 - conneries de c
I have one and fall into the category of low/average usage.

The battery life I have found is very good.

I charge it maybe once a week and it has never died on me. I use it for calls once or twice a day for a few mins at a time and a few texts.

For me its a great phone, slim, light and does everything very well. Even the built in speaker is ok.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have one and fall into the category of low/average usage.

The battery life I have found is very good.

I charge it maybe once a week and it has never died on me. I use it for calls once or twice a day for a few mins at a time and a few texts.

For me its a great phone, slim, light and does everything very well. Even the built in speaker is ok.
+1 I put it on in the shower can hear it great and also while driving I can put loudspeaker on and have a conversation.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Its terrible dan, mine used to last a day max with little useage. Got another battery off nokia and it was just as bad! I had screen savers etc all off.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not great, my mate has to charge his 2 times a week with just txt usage.

hmm mixed reviews, thanks all.

Any similar, alternative phones? Samsung U800 is nice, but my flatmate has one and its on charge every day!

Simple, skinny, sleek and stylish... suggestions?

Love mine, have to charge it every other day but I'm on it a lot with calls and texts like.

It's all I use it for though.

Im running a SE w890i, very slim, brushed metal, good all round phone, a tiny bit smaller than the 6500.

BMW bus
Im running a SE w890i, very slim, brushed metal, good all round phone, a tiny bit smaller than the 6500.

I had two of these - great phones if you get one without software faults!

Battery life not brilliant though, 2-3 days max