ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia 770 Internet Tablet

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm considering buying one of these because I like gadgets and due to the replacement model being available the 770 can now be bought for as little as £75. Has anyone used one of these and are they any good for browsing the net and media playback? It supports a good selection of media formats.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've read several threads from people who have recently bought them at this price and most are very positive. I reckon I'll order one tomorrow.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
ideal for surfing on the shitter!

looks good that for the money, tempted mysen! altho I do have PSP. I just cannot get the fuker connected to my router!! grr!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Good point Adam, it must be bought :D

Good for those times when I've shut the computer down for the night and got into bed then remembered something I was wanting to check online. Happens to me all the time.

I'm hoping that paired with a 2gb memory card it'll allow me to watch a film or TV prog with ease while travelling to/from work.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive just bought one myself from expansys....should arrive tommorow :)

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Good for those times when I've shut the computer down for the night and got into bed then remembered something I was wanting to check online. Happens to me all the time.

Thats exaclty why i bought mine

Got one when they first came out and use it for email and web surfing. Although the text is small it's readable as you can make it full screen.
Connected to my router with no problems. As you say, it's ideal for when you don't want to get out the laptop.
Expansys have sold thousands of these at that price. They go very quickly so get in quick.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
You ordered alot earlier today then? I've definitely missed next day delivery now :D

Yeah 3.53 to be exact:)....I know i needed to order before 4 for next day....so heres hoping.

Has been shipped though may be saturday.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
just managed to get the PSP connected, finally after 6 months lol.

still tempted tho altho i do have the psp and 2 laptops lol

J273,
To get next day delivery, you need to order before 1700ish. But it should make it Saturday, RM permitting.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
You ordered alot earlier today then? I've definitely missed next day delivery now :D

Yeah 3.53 to be exact....I know i needed to order before 4 for next day....so heres hoping.

Has been shipped though.

I'd looked at them early last month when they were showing as due to arrive before the end of July. I only remembered about it today and was pleased to see they are in stock.

Citroen DS3 DSport
just managed to get the PSP connected, finally after 6 months lol.

still tempted tho altho i do have the psp and 2 laptops lol

I'm planning on buying a PSP in September but the touch screen on the 770 will make it worth owning too.

Been reading up on it, seems a new hackers firmware is being developed so you can watch youtube.

Where is the cheapest place for one of these?

They will ship up to 5 so they told me as I use them for all sorts of things. Their return policy is excellent also. Up to 21 days, I think, even if you just change your mind. A good product and a good company.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
They will ship up to 5 so they told me as I use them for all sorts of things. Their return policy is excellent also. Up to 21 days, I think, even if you just change your mind. A good product and a good company.

Yeah can highly recommend Expansys....Ive used them loads of times and sent stuff back even up to the last few days of there 21 day policy.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My 770 was shipped this morning by 9am Next Day Special Delivery. Not sure if it'll arrive on a Saturday though.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's arrived :) Looks like I ordered one just in time as Expansys are no longer listing the 770.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Hehe fortunately I know that's not true :D

Setting it up now, so far I'm impressed with my new toy.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Well it works and connected to my wireless network with ease :) Posting from there now.

Brilliant purchase for £80

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
got mine too this morning....not had chance to have a look yet

Citroen DS3 DSport
Some pics

nokia770_e.jpg

nokia770_a.jpg

nokia770_b.jpg

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've installed Maemo Mapper onto the N770 for sat nav using Google Maps data, it's very similar to Nokia's Smart2Go app.