ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia n8

RS mk2 172
I have had a search through the internet on the Nokia N8 as Tesco are doing a good deal for £20 a month and everyone just says it has a good camera but a crap operating system so avoid. What exactly does this mean? Is it slow as a browser or is it something else as I dont really understand why people knock it so much but dont want to get one and hate it.

Now before the Apple followers shout get an I phone I dont want one as both my daughter and the missus have one and I cannot abide by itunes and you cant get one for £20 a month anyway.

Titanium Clio 182
Alright fella, The whole operating system thing, basically means it can be glitchy and troublesom through the different aspects and apps on the phone? Since you dont want an iphone, i think the carphone warehouse have a £20 a month deal on the HTC desire, which on the other hand, has a great processor. You will also hear iphone fans scream at me after this, but also if you look on youtube for a review of both iphone 4 and htc desire, the guys usually choose the htc lol. So its worth a look! Cheers, Darr3n88

RS mk2 172
I had a wee try in the Carphone Warehouse earlier and not being a great phone user tbh wasnt really sure what to look for, It seemed ok. Played some music and looked online and all seemed fine.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Apparently it's crap if you're a big internet user or a facebook junkie - you can't reply to some things with it and some other issues with the internet.

It was the camera that attracted me to it as I've seen a workmates in action, but as I also want a better phone for browsing online etc, the crap internet has put me off the N8 :(

Polo BlueGT
I deal with mobile phones in my job and am a keen mobile phone man, having many of nokia's n series phones I would avoid, I had the n95/6/7 there so slow. Multi tasking is not an option as they glitch, crash and a lot of the time randomly freeze. I have had several of these brought back due to completely freezing, you can't just pop the battery out as it's sealed, apparently another common flaw is s**t battery as like most nokia's. Hope this helps.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ What do you reccomend then for a good internet phone/decent camera and easy to text with? in YOUR opinion of course :)

I only use opera on any phone i have used of recent years, excellent programme and its like having full net on your phone but have to say again n8 is an excellent phone.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
fook the N8 get the n900.

my brother got an n8 a few days ago so i had a play today. not a patch on the n900

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I work for Apple, so i would say get an iPhone. but seeing as you dont wanna pay for it, then in all honesty, go for an Android phone, any of the HTC's are a good bet.

RS mk2 172
I suppose its a very personal and subjective choice and not everyone has the same experiences but for £20 a month, free handset, 750 mins, 5000 texts and 1g data it seemed pretty competetive.

RS mk2 172
I work for Apple, so i would say get an iPhone. but seeing as you dont wanna pay for it, then in all honesty, go for an Android phone, any of the HTC's are a good bet.

Its not so much the paying for it, I dont see it as good value when comparing with other deals and as said I cannot stand itunes for media.

Polo BlueGT
I go through phones all the time, my last phone was the n97, then got the iPhone3gs and broke it, while it was getting fixed I had the bb torch then got an iPhone 4. I know it sounds sad but I was properly against the iPhone, couldn't justify the price or the fact that everyone has one. But at the end of the day, their is lots of reasons why it's popular. I use it for everything. My laptop is broken so it's used as my web browser. As for the camera you gets lots of apps to adjust your photo's ,If your
Bored you just download another app. I enjoy using the samsung galaxy, big screen easy to use. There's loads out there. If it's mainly for photo's then why not keep the old phone or get a new one on contract and buy a camera? I honestly think if you got an iPhone you'd realise how good they are. Every phone has a flaw( or many ) if you find a phone you like, get used to it, you'll only have it for a year or 2 most?

Octy VRS
I've been looking at the the HTC Wildfire. My current Nokia is frustratingly slow with the Symbian operating system. Definitely an Android next.