ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non sport now with cup spoiler and coilovers

Ph2 Meg 225
Not really updated my progress in a while but here goes.
The car had a quick clean today so I thought I'd show her off! Ill start off with the small bits I've done, after having a couple of minor bits nicked such as the stubby Aerial and the front badge.

a good upgrade for the front badge was a hydrodipped one by Tyler@ultimate which has been siliconed on to prevent it being nicked again

image-21.jpg

The aerial before never had good reception so that was replaced with a slightly bigger one.

photo3-4.jpg

around 2 months ago I bought some vmaxx coilovers for 140 which weren't in the best condition as they were seized, a lump hammer and chisel sorted that so I repainted them to make them more presentable. Unfortunately Im having quite Abit of rubbing on the back with passengers so I need to replace the spacers for smaller ones. Here is a before and after of the fronts

photo-2.jpg

Some parts of the interior were wrapped in a fake suede which went funny on the a pillars so these were redone

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

The car has had a Hoover since this photo above

Finally, as per my other thread I had been watching a cup spoiler which was made out to be In a worse state than first thought as the seller wasn't sure if the brake light worked etc but after negotiation of £60 posted was made I recieved the spoiler 2 days after!

I went to fit it to see what was required to be done, all fixings were fine apart from the two locating clips which was fine, the brake light was working which was a bonus too. The only work needed is re painting which will be done in a couple of weeks and a slight scuff repairing above the brake light. All in all I'm really happy with it and it certainly made a difference to the car but for now the tatty carbon wrap stays until paint.

photo1-4.jpg

Heres some photos!

image-16.jpg

image-23.jpg

image-22.jpg

image-20.jpg

image-18.jpg

image-23.jpg

reflection with bouncers ctr wax

photo2-4.jpg

kyle

Ph2 Meg 225
Looking good matey! :) The cup spoiler makes the back end look a lot beefier :D

That was my first thought once fitted, I love the back more than the rest now. Was such a b*tch to fit though and it needs to come off again :eek:
Love the height it's at, car looks sweet :)

Cheers! It could go lower on the front quite Abit but I don't want scrubbing issues on the front and my halfords scissor jack only just fits under hahaha

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks spot on, tastefully done. Must be nice seeing it every morning knowing you've done the work on it to make it like it is so far

Cheers! It could go lower on the front quite Abit but I don't want scrubbing issues on the front and my halfords scissor jack only just fits under hahaha
Sits perfect as it is looking at the pictures. I feel your pain! When I had coilovers on my 1.2 I had it sitting pretty low that I had to drive onto blocks before I could get a jack underneath, or even onto the ramps when getting my tracking done haha!

2 sets of hands make it a much easier job getting the spoiler on I found :p

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks lovely!

Looks great!

Thanks!

Looks spot on, tastefully done. Must be nice seeing it every morning knowing you've done the work on it to make it like it is so far

It is although everytime I get in it the first thing on my mind is a new upgrade as the power isn't enough anymore :eek:

Sits perfect as it is looking at the pictures. I feel your pain! When I had coilovers on my 1.2 I had it sitting pretty low that I had to drive onto blocks before I could get a jack underneath, or even onto the ramps when getting my tracking done haha!

2 sets of hands make it a much easier job getting the spoiler on I found :p

I would love to go that low but it's not practical for me and my mechanic also has shown me the stress the wishbones and ball joints are under!

I may take that into consideration next time as it was a struggle. I ended up getting a screw in and working my way round