ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noob from Aberdeenshire, not new to clio's but new to reanultsport

2011 Clio rs200
Hi all first time on cliosport and quite interested in the Clio Reanultsport 200
first a little background story

Started my driving career in a 1999 Clio 1.2 RN cost £700 @31k sold 2 years later for £650 @65k
Second car was an 1999 Audi A3 1.6 sport £3000 @42k and traded in for current car a...
2005 Citroen C4 2.0HDi VTS Coupe £4300 @61k (currently at 93k)

Thought the clio was a fantastic car with many extras such as remote locking and CD player that I never expected for a £700 car but eventually it became to small (6'1") to drive everyday to work and back so sold that and bought the Audi. Loved the sportiness of the Audi with lowered suspension and sport seats only drawback was the Mpg was 30 to the gallon and at the time couldn't afford to keep running it and as such started looked for a diesel. He citroen wasn't my first choice but after weighing up insurance and initial outlay for a diesel golf or a3 I eventually settled on the c4 coupe. Citroen was advertised in Newcastle for 4300 with 61k so with the level of spec very high, xenon directional headlights, leather seats, front and rear parking assist, auto headlights and wipers 17" alloys, auto dipping mirror and most importantly 53mpg from a 2.0 turbo diesel @ 138bhp also £130 a year tax.

Now with a wage rise and the Citroen being a pain in the neck (new fusebox/bsi, turbo electro valve and egr faults) I've decided I want a petrol engined car N/A and a sporty expericence to boot.
The Clio Renaultsport 200 seems to be the best option for me currently, what I want to know is what kind of options should I be looking for I've been looking at 10/60 reg cars @around 8500-10000. I would like recaro seats and not sure about getting the cup chassis or not? Also what difference is there between a Gordini and the standard 200. Any advice would be fantastic and hopefully I can be the proud owner of what appears to be the best hot hatch in the world.
Regards Craig