ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nooby car cleaner!

182 Full of Fat
My Black/gold 182 is looking a little worse for wear after the winter! Going to spend a full day on it bringing back the shine. Would this be correct in terms of order of the products I am going to use.

Wash
Dry
Autoglym paint renovator (any use?)
Wash
Dry
Clay
Wash (AGAIN)
Polish
Wax (2/3 layers)

Borrowed some autoglym High Def Wax off a friend who says it gives a lovely finish (is it actually any good and worth my effort?)

Can a detailing master recommend anything to the order above?
As you can see, I've not really a clue on the detailing side but should be a fun day none the less! :D

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Hi mate, I'd skip the paint renovator tbh as I've not found it any more benificial (sorry if spelt wrong!) than srp.

I would -

Wheels first
Pre wash pw if poss
Snow foam with some g101 or apc in the mix
2bm wash
Rinse
Clay with the car wet
Snow foam
Wash 2bm
Dry
Super resin polish
Ultra deep shine
Extra gloss protection

This lot will give you a lovely deep wet look, there is alot more products/steps/tools out there but this is a good starting point all by hand tbh.

Hope this helps :D

PH1 iceburg
After the polish maybe add either egp (extra gloss protection) or ultra deep shine, both autoglym.