ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Normal bulb to HID replacement

2012 Clio RS 200
Hi everyone, greetings from Bahrain.

I am a new owner of a 2012 Clio RS200 (Liquid Yellow) and new to Renault universe. I am looking forward to gain and share experiences with you in this forum.

My car comes with OEM projector headlights and I am planning to convert the bulbs to HIDs. I might go with MORIMOTO ELITE HID SYSTEM as it looks famous and well reputed brand, the price is not bad too.

Here is the kit,

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h1.html/#.U_tMpsW1bpg

As you can see the kit offers three options to choose as follow:

1) Ballasts
2) Bulbs
3) Harness Types

I would like you to select the correct type of each option given above.

Thank you,
Mak

2007 Clio Mk3 1.2
Hi everyone, greetings from Bahrain.

I am a new owner of a 2012 Clio RS200 (Liquid Yellow) and new to Renault universe. I am looking forward to gain and share experiences with you in this forum.

My car comes with OEM projector headlights and I am planning to convert the bulbs to HIDs. I might go with MORIMOTO ELITE HID SYSTEM as it looks famous and well reputed brand, the price is not bad too.

Here is the kit,

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-h1.html/#.U_tMpsW1bpg

As you can see the kit offers three options to choose as follow:

1) Ballasts
2) Bulbs
3) Harness Types

I would like you to select the correct type of each option given above.

Thank you,
Mak
Why spend $150 on a HID kit? There are plenty available for around $50 from eBay and such. Get 6000ks.

2012 Clio RS 200
I am still not sure which Harness Type I should get, HD Relay or Standalone Canbus? What is used in 2012 RS200?

I have found that even some of the cheaper HID units are actually fine, I can't use them on my car as the headlight units aren't HID compliant but they might be ok for your country's laws etc.

Make sure that you get the white HIDs rather than the bluer tinted lights though.

I have also found that some of the normal Halogen bulbs are now almost as good/better than HIDs - check out some Osram nightbreakers.