ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Northwest Clio Sport - 5 a-side football

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Northwest Clio Sport - 5 a-side football

After speaking with a couple of the lad’s local to me and I am looking to organise a regular 5 a-side game each week in Manchester. I am looking to get 10 players each week, in order to achieve this I would like a pool of up to 15 players.

I am proposing to do it on either a Monday or a Thursday evening 8-9 or 9-10

It will be done on a first come first serve basis each week – so the first 10 to confirm availability will be playing. (Some pitches can potentially cater for 12 players)

Pitch options (I am open to suggestions of other places)
Whalley Range High School – Outdoor only - £62 (£7.00 each)
Trafford centre (next to Chill Factore) – Outdoor - £52.50 (£6.00 each)
Trafford centre (next to Chill Factore) – Indoor - £65 (£7.00 each)
(Prices are based on 10 players and rounded up to build up a pot for ball, no shows, etc and will be reduced once we have that.)

The pitches need to be paid for in advance, I am happy to do this initially, but the subs will be rounded up each week to create a buffer pot, so after 8-10 weeks I won’t have to pay the total out of my own pocket and hopefully we can cover ‘no shows’ with the pot.

If you are put your name down and say you can play, and then don’t turn up, you get one chance and one chance only. I am not in a position to fund this and have multiple people not turning up, leaving me out of pocket each week.

The game will be a friendly game, but I do expect it to be competitive and I don’t want people turning up and messing about for an hour. We are there to play football and have a good game.

Players:
1. Pete.M
2. Joey
3. Eddie
4. Jonff

Yep, as you know, I'm 100% in for this, and I see no reason why I won't be able to make 90% of games.

I'm happy with anywhere, but would prefer outdoor in all honesty.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Yep, as you know, I'm 100% in for this, and I see no reason why I won't be able to make 90% of games.

I'm happy with anywhere, but would prefer outdoor in all honesty.

I would normally agree, but given the -13 temperatures we are due next week, it might be worth have a few weeks indoors (perhaps until the end of Feb)

We will go with what the majority want to do.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Wish I played football cos I can see this being epic banter lol!!! May just pop every now and then just for the banter!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Wish I played football cos I can see this being epic banter lol!!! May just pop every now and then just for the banter!

Same, never played football properly i just stood around whilst every one else played.

​I'm in, what about pits in the town centre as an option?

Players:

1. Pete.M
2. Joey
3. Eddie
4. Jonff
5. Craig

330i. E30 Touring.
Makes our pitch look a super bargain tbh!

We pay £35 for an 8 a side astro pitch from 7:45 to 11. Worth ringing about schools mate, even if they don't advertise it.

Makes our pitch look a super bargain tbh!

We pay £35 for an 8 a side astro pitch from 7:45 to 11. Worth ringing about schools mate, even if they don't advertise it.

Very good point actually.

My old school (Blessed Thomas Holford) have astro pitches, infact the pitches were used by the England squad a few years ago before they went to play on a plastic pitch in Russia or somewhere like that.

What I mean is they're good pitches, might be worth giving them a call and seeing what they say?

330Ci cab
i would be up for this, wait until i recover from surgery tho, be about 2-3 weeks (football related too!)

Boffey is in, but due to a knee issue, he can only play goalkeeper at the moment, which means you're playing outfield Rhys, because he has a legit reason, unlike you who is just unfit. You might still be alright to go in net though, as of course we need 2 GK's.

Christopher is also in, but he's very much a pool player, as he sometimes works until 10.

Ask around your mates guys, lets try and make this happen. There must be more than just 7 of us who want to play!

Players:

1. Pete.M
2. Joey
3. Eddie
4. Craig
5. Rhys
6. Boffey (Goalkeeper only for now)
7. Christopher

330Ci cab
theres the armitage centre in fallowfield where we play with work, 4G and only £3!

Players:
1. Pete.M
2. Joey
3. Eddie
4. Craig
5. Rhys
7. Christopher
8.mark (when healed)

Last edited:
A good mate of mine has said he would play weekly if we get this organised.

Come on, only need a couple more now!..

Players:
1. Pete.M
2. Joey
3. Eddie
4. Craig
5. Rhys
7. Christopher
8. Mark (when healed)
9. Matt

Anyone else?

Players:
1. Pete.M
2. Joey
3. Eddie
4. Craig
5. Rhys
7. Christopher
8. Mark (when healed)
9. Matt

Could do with 2 more really...

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Good laugh tonight.

Apologies to anyone who got infuriated with how s**t I am, and also how unfit I am! Was fun none the less and will 100% be up for this again next week.

Yep,

Cheers to everyone who came, and thanks Pete for organising it, and paying the money up front.

We are playing at the same time next week, if anyone is interested, PM me or Pete.