ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not enjoy my new 182

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Imagine what would have happened if marty hit that rolls royce.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
bttf2(13)you_re_fired_fax.jpg

Crappy work hire car
I won't bother to post what it looks like later in the film when they've changed the future ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No, its from the future. (Or the past, depends how you look at it.)

Crappy work hire car
Well an alternaitve timeline created when old Biff used the Delorean to take the All Sports Almanac back to 1955 and gave it to young Biff who then became 'the luckiest man in the world' :)

Clio 1970000000
LOL, I don't think so. I think it's because you're coming up with some bizarre reasons not to like it, like it feels too "powerful" round town. It's not the cars fault is it! How do you think people with really quick cars get on? they don't stop at the kerb because they have "too much power" to carry on safely down the high street. This surely has got to go down as another "amphasite" or "folding down the rear seats" moment.

What I'm suspecting is the real reason, is that after the silly money you've spent on buying and insuring it, for some reason you expected it to feel like you were driving something completely different to your old Clio. It's not, it feels similar but with more power (far too much for town use :p), so you probably feel a bit "cheated".

+1

The OP's post was just asking to be abused.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well an alternaitve timeline created when old Biff used the Delorean to take the All Sports Almanac back to 1955 and gave it to young Biff who then became 'the luckiest man in the world' :)

No its not from the alternate time line at all. Or the fax wouldn't exist in 1985.

Nothing at the mo :(

Wish i had a Sports Almanac for like 2015 lol

Crappy work hire car
Lol Jasey, I think you mean 2010? :rasp: you could quite easily go and buy a 2009 one now. Unless of course you've designed a flux capacitor...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't really know what to say apart from if a Clio sport isn't for me then it's not really for me. I'm not sure what I was expecting it just doesn't feel right to me. I saved enough money to buy it out right. Cancelled
my insurance meaning two weeks has cost me around £80. Will sell the car on may even make a little money from the sale and it's Been a little bit of an experience. I know why ppl are being funny with me it's bcos they love their Clio sports to bits. I just on the other hand don't. This is my third Clio and deffo my last

Fair and honest point. If you've bought something and don't like it, then that's clearly the crux of this thread. Sounds like you've moved on from Clio ownership now anyways.

One thing I will say though, that unless your 182 is wired to the mains, surrounded by land-mines and is currently the kennel for two psychotic rottweilers - then I wouldn't leave it uninsured! Cancel the insurance when its sold - not before you have even put it up for sale. The insurance company will simply shrug their shoulders if anything happens to it. Worse still, it gets nicked and is used to mow-down a bus queue of elderly nuns?

I think at 21, you're a bit too young to be ripped a new arsehole.....

D.

Iceberg 172
I kinda see your point but I think you're explaining it wrong!

I sold my Polo 20vt with about 300bhp as tbh, i wasn't using it for what it was meant for... Plus there's no where on the roads where it was useable... it would spin up the fronts all the way to 100mph and at that point I'd s**t myself cos I like my license in my pocket!

So got rid.

The Clio is perfect for me, enough power to keep me smiling but not too much just to leave thick 11's all over the road!

If you're driving around town all day everyday sitting in traffic then I would never have a hot hatch... I'd have something auto probably!!!

Iceberg 172
One thing I will say though, that unless your 182 is wired to the mains, surrounded by land-mines and is currently the kennel for two psychotic rottweilers - then I wouldn't leave it uninsured! Cancel the insurance when its sold - not before you have even put it up for sale. The insurance company will simply shrug their shoulders if anything happens to it. Worse still, it gets nicked and is used to mow-down a bus queue of elderly nuns?

I think at 21, you're a bit too young to be ripped a new arsehole.....

D.

Spot on advice.

I know of people who have had their cars stolen once they've put them up for sale on the internet. Be careful!

Shdhdhd
LOL, I don't think so. I think it's because you're coming up with some bizarre reasons not to like it, like it feels too "powerful" round town. It's not the cars fault is it! How do you think people with really quick cars get on? they don't stop at the kerb because they have "too much power" to carry on safely down the high street. This surely has got to go down as another "amphasite" or "folding down the rear seats" moment.

What I'm suspecting is the real reason, is that after the silly money you've spent on buying and insuring it, for some reason you expected it to feel like you were driving something completely different to your old Clio. It's not, it feels similar but with more power (far too much for town use :p), so you probably feel a bit "cheated".

you've all got me wrong. I've made it seem like I fly round actual town. I don't . Where I do drive the Clio gets up to a sensible speed quickly. I've been on some roads for a few blasts but realistcly driving to work it isn't great fun to drive. Muchly like my old car yes and I think I need a change. I'm sure I could get a better insurance deal. Anyone else got a good price with 3yrs no claims 21 in a good area. I have money for the petrol just seems like I'm spending a lot driving carefully round town

Barge
Your age I had 3years NCB, I was driving a 197 R27 for £700 a year. I am female, mind. I was, and still am, with Direct Line. Did you try the insurance traders on here?

Shdhdhd
Cancelled the insurance as 14 days to do so before I'm stuck in the contract. My quote was 1200 then jumped us as underwriters apparently made a mistake then was suddenly 1800 after 14% extra for a monthly payment agreement

I'm glad I provide entertainment like anthasite etc but really I'm just trying to justify my Clio sport

I sold my 172 to by a BMW 330ci! A year later I'm back to a Megane 225. German cars are dull! Yes even the 330ci with 230bhp. I wouldn't go back to german unless it was an m3 or Golf r32! The rest are dull and lifeless!
THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH!

I have my PH1 172 parked up at the min as i bought an A4 TDi and it is the most boring uninteresting car ive ever drove, it is a chore for me to stay awake in it!

I bought is as it was cheap and thought i would benefit from driving it.

How wrong am i! I don't do a big lot of miles and the thing is chewing diesel worse than the clio! Hence to say the A4 is going up for sale and i'm in the market for a 225 as i have a buyer for my 172, otherwise i'd be driving it!

Give it a chance mate, it'll surprise you.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I paid £800 all in for mine last year when I was 21, had 3 no claims and live in a "nice" area as you say.

Shdhdhd
It just seems like a big comitment with looking after it, insurance etc. My 1.6 was hassle free and a good drive. I'm suprised that I've done this but a 182 is just more than I need

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Not being funny but your 1.6 and a 2.0 are miles apart. Not even in the same league.

Shdhdhd
1.6 is just enough for where I go and what I do. I will miss the 182 some times yes when I'm on b roads and feel like a bit of fun driving.

Any insurance companys I should be looking to get quotes from? If I can get a cheap enough quote I will certainly keep the 182 for it then seeming better value for money

Ph1 172.
Using your details:

21 years old , 3yrs NCB, Your postcode, 8000 miles per year, car valued at £5000, with no modifications. The best I found using the comparison websites was £1238 with Admrial. I'm sure if you called around you could find it cheaper still.

Shdhdhd
Basicly I've bought a 182 it's cost a little money and I'm not overly impressed with it. I'll admit I haven't given it chance and maybe should have before I posted.

I'm going to take it for a proper drive. Get a better feel for it and hopefully enjoy it.

To all the helpful comments, thankyou

to all the unhelpful comments..well your entitled to your opinion

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cancelled the insurance as 14 days to do so before I'm stuck in the contract. My quote was 1200 then jumped us as underwriters apparently made a mistake then was suddenly 1800 after 14% extra for a monthly payment agreement

I'm glad I provide entertainment like anthasite etc but really I'm just trying to justify my Clio sport

Personally - that makes my piss boil! :mad:

Makes me laugh how insurance companies do feck all in order to help people pay for their slip of paper. I mean, my insurance is now down to the £500 mark (it's taken me until 35 to get there mind!) - but that's still a big wedge to pay off in one hit.

WhyTF there isn't zero% interest on insurance installments - I'll never know. They are money-raping you for fcuk all back anyway. The very least they could do is allow you the free spread of installments.

Teewats. :mad:

D.

Not a Clio
To be fair driving around town all the time is dull as anything and I would get an automatic diesel! My mate has an astra VXR and doesn't take it out of the city...:S not a clue why!

If you're driving out of town on decent road then personally I couldn't live with a diesel let alone an auto! Depends on what kind of driver you are though, if my dad bought a 1*2 he would probably park it down the road and walk home...he just wouldn't enjoy it!

That said I am losing faith in UK roads and think I might get a track car and start getting the bus! I'm always stuck behind somebody unless it's late at night!

Barge
Paying for it out of an overdraft is cheaper than monthly instalments. I always shop around for 0% on instalments, or wangle it out of them over the phone. I've been successful at getting it for years.

Shdhdhd
I knew I could cancel. Just wanted to be in the 182

if I find a quote I can justify as worth it I'll keep it and very likely grow to enjoy itmore

SG9 Forester STi
Try HIC they're pretty good. I can't really see how anything but good feelings could come from getting a 182 clio after being in a 1.6 but I guess everyone's different. Good to see you're going to give it another chance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.