ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not enjoy my new 182

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Shdhdhd
i need to add some extra touches to it to make it feel more like mine and how i want it. would love to go lower, turinis nicer looking exhaust, subtle stickers painted callipers. seems like im copying everyone else buts its the best look for the 182. in its completly standard form it just seems a bit strange.all this tho after i sell my 1.6 and get a new insurance policy. will have a nice little bit of money for some goodies for it.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I think you will learn to love it, it took me a while to really start loving my cup! I enjoyed from when i got it but the more I drive it the better it gets.

I think they are great around town, small and nippy! I drove through london for the 1st time a few weeks ago and it was great (would wanna run 15's to improve the ride a little if I did it alot) the little clio was perfect. I don't find the clutch particularly heavy, but if I had to sit in traffic a lot then a diesel auto would prob seem like a better idea.

I am the sort of person that is happy to drive round every day, in a car that is not ideal, that's noisy and rattles, uses a little more fuel than I would like just for that moment or day when the right road or even corner comes along and the car suddenly comes alive and makes all the "suffering" worth it! At at the moment, right now, for the sort of money I have my cup does what i want perfectly!!! Next car might have to be a Caterham!!!

Shdhdhd
Just been to tesco and hit some national speed limit roads. I love the way it powers round corner and just it's nice bit of power. Ownerships getting better.

320d M Sport
this is a stupid thread? I mean, WTF?!

Just enjoy having a decent car and drving it normally?!

I don't get it????

R26
adding parents ftw... i have. mines 1200 and im 19. you live in ramsey right? i live just down the road in sawtry, theres welll decent roads for our cars round here! perhaps we should go for a drive one day and ill take you on the decent roads to appreciate it :)

182 Full of Fat
At the end of the day it's just a clio for a couple of grand which tbh is just like most other cars when driven under 5k revs around town.
I don't really understand what your expecting from it?

Shdhdhd
I was meaning 1.6 u can put ur foot down a bit more not in town but just out of town. The 182 has more power so u can't do that was what I was trying to say. I'll look into parents thing but they already have two cars so might look a bit strange. I live in cambridge, my sir name is Ramsey. Bout 40 mins from sawtry I think

182 Full of Fat
I was meaning 1.6 u can put ur foot down a bit more not in town but just out of town. The 182 has more power so u can't do that was what I was trying to say. I'll look into parents thing but they already have two cars so might look a bit strange. I live in cambridge, my sir name is Ramsey. Bout 40 mins from sawtry I think

I must seriously be missing something in this thread lol Do you mean you bought the 182 (2.0 litre) and wasn't expecting it to have any more power than your 1.6? Why do you keep comparing the two cars....

I probably do about 20/25 town miles a day and it drives perfectly well, you don't have to go to 7k revs to feel abit of power. I'm lost

Clio 182 cup'd
What an interesting read, 13 pages and I still don't understand what the op is onabout!

I might have missed it, but did you not test drive it first?

Did you not think that it would just be a faster, better handling, fuel drinking big brother to your 1.6?

What else do you want it to do?

Clio 1970000000

Glad you have thought about this for a bit. Most of the abuse was becuase you wrote such a poor initial post and the rest is that you haven't given the car a chance.

Patience is the key. There are many posts on here that say owners have taken time to get to really appreciate the capabilities of the 1*2, 197, 200 etc and that they still get surprised by how good they are months after buying them.

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH!

I have my PH1 172 parked up at the min as i bought an A4 TDi and it is the most boring uninteresting car ive ever drove, it is a chore for me to stay awake in it!

What were you expecting from a diesel Audi A4? :p Tbh you can't compare a diesel Audi A4 to a BMW 330ci, there's a big difference! One's got a great engine and chassis, the other doesn't!

MCS R56
I sold my 172 to by a BMW 330ci! A year later I'm back to a Megane 225. German cars are dull! Yes even the 330ci with 230bhp. I wouldn't go back to german unless it was an m3 or Golf r32! The rest are dull and lifeless!

LOL at this nonsense!

The 330 engine is fantastic and the car is anything but boring. I guess you only like cars where you feel a kick from the engine instead of the gradual delivery of power. The 3 litre is one of the best engines made! Yes, it could do with a touch more power but it suits the car perfectly.

Dull and lifeless...comedy!

Ph1 172.
I'll look into parents thing but they already have two cars so might look a bit strange.

My mum is insured on 5 cars (1 of which is mine) and my dad is insured on 4 cars and a motorbike. It's not an issue as long as the policy remains in your name.

Last edited:
  Black 'Cup Packed' 197
What an interesting read, 13 pages and I still don't understand what the op is onabout!

I might have missed it, but did you not test drive it first?

Did you not think that it would just be a faster, better handling, fuel drinking big brother to your 1.6?

What else do you want it to do?

^This!

Shdhdhd
I sold the the 182 for a little more than I bought it
for after the insurance cost for the 2 weeks I had the policy and some petrol. I would have paid for tax as it runs out end of month and it needs servicing. I now have money to put towards a new car. I think I would have kept the car if it was RB or LY. Maybe BG but it was arctic which looks identical to my ottoman blue 1.6. I've experienced 2 weeks Clio sport ownership. Always wanted a Clio sport and now I've owned one, the want for one has faded but overal it's been a good experience

Shdhdhd
After all what? I bought it local I insured it I drove it I cancelled my insurance and the first person to come and look at it bought it

Mini Cooper S sport
After all what? I bought it local I insured it I drove it I cancelled my insurance and the first person to come and look at it bought it

He means after an 8 page thread .. and you saying things like this:

Just been to tesco and hit some national speed limit roads. I love the way it powers round corner and just it's nice bit of power. Ownerships getting better.

What a waste of time all that was.

B

Bucko

You paid how much for insurance? And then cancelled the policy after less than a month?!

That was an expensive 3 weeks wasn't it?

Shdhdhd
in the end it wasnt for me. expensive 3 weeks? no

i got more back for what i paid for the car. insurance refunded me minus a small fee. ended up paying like £86 for 2 weeks insurance

Clio 182 cup'd
Let's not beat around the bush, how much did you pay or the car? How much did you sell it for? I'm slighty offended that you think an artic 182 looks exactly the same as a 1.6 aswell!!

Clio 182 Cup FF
Don't get me wrong the buzz is amazing on b roads etc just driving round town there's no reason to put my foot down. I will be selling the 1.6 and 182 and probs getting an a3 or golf just as a nice car to drive around normally and not thrash about. I could get a cheaper quote I'm sure. 21 3yrs no claims live in a good area

21 and 3 years no claims... who are you insured with as im 19 and a claim on my policy and 0 NCD and i pay 1800 for my 182?
try a different insurance company!

Shdhdhd
Sold it becuase it wasn't worth the money in my eyes. I'm happy with my 1.6. Always wanted a 182. I've now had one. Not bothered about having a daily drive that's boring to drive if it looks nice. I look at the Clio sport and I see small yet fun but I always look back at golfs and a3s and just see class tbh

MCS R56
Sold it becuase it wasn't worth the money in my eyes. I'm happy with my 1.6. Always wanted a 182. I've now had one. Not bothered about having a daily drive that's boring to drive if it looks nice. I look at the Clio sport and I see small yet fun but I always look back at golfs and a3s and just see class tbh

Each to their own.

Renault Cliosport...not for everyone.

B

Bucko

Lols. I'd be happy to run a liquid yellow. I think I will buy one of the other :)
You don't like 182s, you sold it after 2 weeks and 2 cancelled insurance policies...but you are considering buying a liquid yellow 182...

This thread needs to be closed.

Westfield
Lols. I'd be happy to run a liquid yellow. I think I will buy one of the other :)

If you haven't thorougly enjoyed owning the 182, then a change of colour aint gonna help you... and it aint going to be any cheaper as you said a 182 aint worth the money in your eyes.

good luck finding a cheap LY in decent condition..

Barge
Has to be a piss take. If you sold one because you didn't get on with it why bother buying a LY 182 which will cost you a lot more than the Arctic.

TBH, your 182 was either s**t/fucked and you knew it so passed it on to someone else, or you genuinely didn't like it in which case what's the point in going through this entire process again. Keep your 1.6 or get another if you got rid of it and be quiet.

Hyundai i40

golfs and a3s are dull and boring :sleepy:

Status
Not open for further replies.