ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

not map not tb not coil so wtf

clio
right my random itermittent fault is back to say the least im extremely f**kd off.

the fault (electrical) happens when i have the clutch fully down and am near stand still. the elec coil light comes on the car dies. turn it back on it starts hunting erratically then will die again unless i rev the sheet out of it. drive up the road a bit then it will go out only to possibly cut out again when I come to another junction.

this fault has started after it stopped for ages.

map and coil are new, well few months old and tb was inspected by renault who said the only fault the clip threw up were old ones so what could it be?

please someone help before my patience fully runs out.

I was thinking somethings loose or a bad earth. the petrol station where it usually happens has a bad pot hole coming in. today it came on when i drove off a kerb. :rolleyes:

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
1.2 engine???? if so check your wires at the back of the engine the anti-tamper lid will more than likely be rubbing, had this problem last week ;)

clio
cheers for the reply mate. dont think its the lid as i dont think there is one. had the ecu checked and its all good it has the up rated loom and harness so it doesnt chafe but its 02 1.2 16v really melting my head over this one.

kic

buzzing usually means wires touching or coming into contact with something conductive, but finding its another matter, usually these faults mean a few things

spark plugs
coil pack
throttle body
ecu/ wiring problem
dodgey sensor somewhere

i see youve done a few already butif someones been fiddling with your ecu id get that checked, i have an 03 1.2 dynamique and my problem seemed to be the chaffing lid but i also had my sparkplugs changed at the same time

clio
all work like that gets done in reno. it was them who inspected the ecu to check for chafing but were happy as the relaction harness was doing its job. its more of a random tapping sort of sound that stops after 2 mins? its just the utter randomness that pisses me off. ecu is dead on though.

Clio MK 4
my car kept cutting out at junctions and would have to rev the hell out of it when restarting it otherwise it hunts badly and revs itself. Never found the actual cause but had the parametres reset and seems to have fixed all problems. renault did this for free as well

clio
ok cheers for the replys. sounds exactly like my prob.

so today i cleaned the earths, cleaned the sensors, and reset the throttle body been drving all day, town, motorways, country lanes and cars driving brilliant no faults so far touch wood. cars also drivng better since the tb has been reset?. got 48.8 mpg at one point driving sensable. dont know what the m way was.

hopefully thats it then. also got the sunroof to shut up so was very happy ;)

kic

i hope it never comes back for you mate but dont get your hopes up too mines happened lots in april then it went away and returned 2 weeks ago, you not had a diagnostic test????

Clio Sport 1.2 16v
I got the '01 1.2 16v and I get the saaaaaaaame s**t.

All I've had done so far is a new map sensorr fitted and it hasn't worked out.

It's been pissing me off for months as it's an embarassing fault at lights etc. Also, it can sometimes cut out as I'm turning into a side road in 2nd.. Which means my power steering dies with it.. Which means lack of control.

I've checked the cables at the back running from the square metal box and where they're clipped in they've been eroded slightly from the clip. There's wire showing through. If I was to replace the loom that'd be f**king expensive, right?

kic

I got the '01 1.2 16v and I get the saaaaaaaame s**t.

All I've had done so far is a new map sensorr fitted and it hasn't worked out.

It's been pissing me off for months as it's an embarassing fault at lights etc. Also, it can sometimes cut out as I'm turning into a side road in 2nd.. Which means my power steering dies with it.. Which means lack of control.

I've checked the cables at the back running from the square metal box and where they're clipped in they've been eroded slightly from the clip. There's wire showing through. If I was to replace the loom that'd be f**king expensive, right?

mine must have been the same it was rubbed through a wire iirc enough to show the copper wire itself, garage repaired it for free and covered it in rubber, so far so good

get the actuator relay checked in the engine bay fuse box , from your symptoms this could well be the cause. well worth trying one if your stuck.

clio
yeah too good to be true flashed on the other day but off again ba*****. if its your loom mate your in for a big bill generally seen a few at the auctions with the loom chafed.

at sean mmm never heard of that one mate but worth a try!

clio
well got the tb removed b**ch to get to. it was completly caked no wonder there were probs. drives like a knew car so it does wish i took a pic it was boggin! problems seem to be sorted now. kill thread