ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not Normal Dans R26 Megane F1

Megane r26
So got round to fitting the AST's today had a few small delays like me wedding!

Quick snap from the day

0D83276B-38A0-45D1-BB76-72F26B2CE03A_zpsrhalgkop.jpg

Also pinched me aunties range for a couple of days which was a joy to drive compared to me daily cup and the 26 lol

D1995D0D-E4F8-42BF-A236-95F82945B2D4_zpsxk8goaah.jpg

Only got a few pics today was rushing due to the rain that was looming

5D5071A0-0E65-46E7-84B1-23B6E177D2BF_zpsbipfy2ly.jpg

32A4AA1A-3ABF-4E7F-ADF6-4F6FECC3989E_zpszelxfjr4.jpg

Rear gets rid of inboard springs and runs traditional coil-over-Spring setup!

Ride quality is next level, some compliant and smooth probably better then standard and worlds apart from the BC's!

No doubt down the the actual dampers though.

Geo tomorrow and Trackday Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megane r26
So then been to get the alignment done, when stripping yesterday I made a small paint mark on the strut top.

Paid off as the camber was bang on at 2 degrees, just the toe needed tweeking as if upset that slightly!

Some guys run more camber but if I'm honest the Megane feels great and wears the tyres nice and evenly (except for Mallory, god dam Gerrards) so why change it........

Megane r26
So last night went as well as it could of done, had a slight off at coppice due to some sort of fluid spill later confirmed by the driver behind me and another lad who was in our garage!

Either way was a great night, few friends including @MrBurns who rode shotgun and helped clean out the gravel in the pits!

Anyway a few pics!

Topping the tyres up on route

8E6B1707-6F20-4BCA-BB77-C888A95015C1_zpslgzffroo.jpg

Sat in the paddock with me mate Steve

5244788C-F951-4C76-9458-3D22268BEA67_zps7bbgwjzm.jpg

And a few pics Ste Burns got that captured the night!

B8FC03D1-28F3-49C3-A9C7-EFE4F8E53E3A_zpsxxe1wftj.jpg

355277FA-0827-4A2A-89BB-87D8244317EA_zpssrpsvfep.jpg

CAEFDECA-3F29-4A3D-9605-7D196156B6CF_zpswbtop3om.jpg

And the action shots!

2D298002-923E-48FF-B7A2-E545BB25C0AB_zpsexe8xftb.jpg

A5BA5574-03BC-43EB-A977-8A13C7CDA7A6_zpsitdsn3hs.jpg

Apart from a few chips to the wheels all seems good and no one was hurt which is the main thing!

Watching footage back shows that I saved it to begin with but as soon as it gripped it spat me the other way!

Either way 120 quid to re powder coat me wheels isn't the end of the world, could of been a lot worse!

Anyway I'm off to Ibiza this afternoon lol

Swift Sport
Yeah there was definitely something on the track as it spun out without warning, not even any tyre squeal. Luckily the gravel didn't flip us!
Was a good session overall, and you were going well out there despite the fierce competition :)

Megane r26
Yeah there was definitely something on the track as it spun out without warning, not even any tyre squeal. Luckily the gravel didn't flip us!
Was a good session overall, and you were going well out there despite the fierce competition :)

Sticking with a 380bhp golf R that looked epically setup with those massive VW racing brakes is a testament to the Megane and how well it seems setup!

Still some improvement from me can be had for sure, not 100% confident in brakes but I'll address that soon! Need to get to the 1.20's and away from the 1.25's! It's possible lol

Megane r26
So last night went as well as it could of done, had a slight off at coppice due to some sort of fluid spill later confirmed by the driver behind me and another lad who was in our garage!

Either way was a great night, few friends including @MrBurns who rode shotgun and helped clean out the gravel in the pits!

Anyway a few pics!

Topping the tyres up on route

8E6B1707-6F20-4BCA-BB77-C888A95015C1_zpslgzffroo.jpg

Sat in the paddock with me mate Steve

5244788C-F951-4C76-9458-3D22268BEA67_zps7bbgwjzm.jpg

And a few pics Ste Burns got that captured the night!

B8FC03D1-28F3-49C3-A9C7-EFE4F8E53E3A_zpsxxe1wftj.jpg

355277FA-0827-4A2A-89BB-87D8244317EA_zpssrpsvfep.jpg

CAEFDECA-3F29-4A3D-9605-7D196156B6CF_zpswbtop3om.jpg

And the action shots!

2D298002-923E-48FF-B7A2-E545BB25C0AB_zpsexe8xftb.jpg

A5BA5574-03BC-43EB-A977-8A13C7CDA7A6_zpsitdsn3hs.jpg

Apart from a few chips to the wheels all seems good and no one was hurt which is the main thing!

Watching footage back shows that I saved it to begin with but as soon as it gripped it spat me the other way!

Either way 120 quid to re powder coat me wheels isn't the end of the world, could of been a lot worse!

Sticking with a few much more exotic cars such as a 380bhp epicly setup golf R with some massive VW racing brakes and a few nice exiges shows just how capable the Megane is!

Anyway I'm in Ibiza now so I'll have plenty of time to compile a list of what needs doing before angelssey

Megane r26
So I got back Friday morning, early hours.

Whilst sat by the pool in Ibiza I ordered:

A new passenger side wheel bearing

Set of plugs

Oil filter

All from Renault parts direct online, very competitive and was back with a neighbour when I got back.

Anyway Monday night I thought I'd better crack in, I haven't a press to press the bearing in or out so I whipped the hub off and nipped it round to Aaron's Autos which do a lot of RS stuff to swap the bearings and is convenient as its near work.

6735136E-F6A1-49FE-9F78-68603E73BC09_zps40ejmf8d.jpg

Anyway the exhaust blow, looking at the downpipe I couldn't help but notice a crack on the weld!

So whipped off the support bracket and this greeted me!

B361B7AE-FF3D-460B-9914-CE01DFF021E0_zpst0nfdvp3.jpg

Top work scorpion! Granted it was an earlier down pipe and has since been reworked which I have been supplied with one!!!

D267E483-DFAE-44D7-B308-F6A600CA08AD_zpsmus2uqfq.jpg

Every cloud and that at least it makes the back bolt easier to get on!

Also picked up some new PFC pads 08 compound to try, change from the usually ds1.11

Sounds like the PFC pad is now a control pad for the Clio cup so my contact tells me so me good to see how they compare

Megane r26
So cars all back together, running sweet!

Really want to give it a good detail as I used to love having a real clean car so that'll be on the cards soon!

The PF08's will see me for a few Trackdays before I switch to the 250 setup [emoji106]

Megane r26
So then got a fair bit done recently!

Swapped the downpipe and front wheel bearing, just a few more bits to do before Angelssey

Oil and filter swap
Bleed brakes
Replace plugs and helicoil coil pack thread
Swap pads and try and jiggle the exhaust some more!

Pictures to come tomorrow haha

But in the mean while I've got a new toy on the way!

5ECC9EFF-8E5E-4294-86A4-CE1C002682D0_zpsahdsu4tn.jpg

Total contrast I know but there's a story behind it [emoji106]

So I've always been a closet scooter fan, you could say it's in my blood so to speak.

Back when I was 16 I had one albeit nothing as classy but it was a Peugeot variant dripping in P&M tuning goods but back to it!

My late uncle who passed away a good 13 years ago at the age of 37 was big into vespas and lambretta's and the whole skinhead/mod thing and had a collection of them.

Since then my auntie has remarried again to a top chap called Jon, and guess what he's into them in a big way! Has a collection of around 7 scoots one of me late uncles he's kept running and looking great [emoji106]

Anyway long story short he's recently took delivery of a 200cc Scomadi last week that he's been waiting a long while for! There basically a modern remake based on a lambretta 200gp and have been designed and developed by 2 British companies one being P&M tuning and the other being lambretta innovations! They've gone down a storm on the scene too!

Anyway I saw jons and loved it so took a trip to a local dealer, 15 minutes later I'd put a deposit down on a mint green TL!

1A2C5525-B5EB-4457-8850-2D8BCE4FABDC_zpsrcrxe7n7.jpg

As you can imagine this will be getting fettled with [emoji106]

Megane r26
So then yesterday I went and did me CBT, got it done pretty quick and the instructor took me and an one other guy down to the proper Driving Test station grounds to give us a bit of an insight and a mock up Mod1.

Mod1 is the slow riding and obstacle stuff which wasn't as bad as I expected after listening to a few of me pals.

After that we rode back to the training school grounds and the instructor wheeled out a couple of 600 training bikes. He got us to do a few laps of the grounds following him then led us out onto the road!

Did about 45-60 minutes on them, got piss soaked through but had a smile ear to ear!

Once I got back to the training school shop I immediately booked my theory test through them for the end of the month and once that's done I can go for me direct access!

60A68114-414E-48B4-BBAD-C88E8E6F3556_zpsvvvtvgzf.jpg

Seriously think the Meganes days are numbered now so don't be shocked if you see an ad pop up soon. Been struggling to warrant it recently giving the insurance and the addiction I have of spending a lot of money on it for it to sit there and I've been lacking motivation some what towards it.

Can't wait to get the scoot now and if the Megane goes I think I'll be parking it next to a Yamaha MT09 [emoji106]

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
So then yesterday I went and did me CBT, got it done pretty quick and the instructor took me and an one other guy down to the proper Driving Test station grounds to give us a bit of an insight and a mock up Mod1.

Mod1 is the slow riding and obstacle stuff which wasn't as bad as I expected after listening to a few of me pals.

After that we rode back to the training school grounds and the instructor wheeled out a couple of 600 training bikes. He got us to do a few laps of the grounds following him then led us out onto the road!

Did about 45-60 minutes on them, got piss soaked through but had a smile ear to ear!

Once I got back to the training school shop I immediately booked my theory test through them for the end of the month and once that's done I can go for me direct access!

60A68114-414E-48B4-BBAD-C88E8E6F3556_zpsvvvtvgzf.jpg

Seriously think the Meganes days are numbered now so don't be shocked if you see an ad pop up soon. Been struggling to warrant it recently giving the insurance and the addiction I have of spending a lot of money on it for it to sit there and I've been lacking motivation some what towards it.

Can't wait to get the scoot now and if the Megane goes I think I'll be parking it next to a Yamaha MT09 [emoji106]

You know what they say about a change mate. :up:

Engine crane is now at my house ready for this coming week too. That's the 2nd time we will have dismantled one of my creations! Lol!!

Megane r26
Well been a bit slack probably on the update front, if I said I'd lost my way a bit with the whole car thing it would be an understatement.

I've certainly been questioning the amount of time, work and money I put into them that's for sure and asking myself if it's what I really want to do anymore???

Had multiple good offers on the megane right to the point where @joniff was about to come down with hard cash for the car.

Had a good trackday at Oulton Park the other week and it reminded me what it was all about. Car performed awesome as always and fault free all day and I went home with a big smile on my face

4946BB8C-889D-4308-BA73-700AEF931975_zpsxpbobeqv.jpg

Maybe I became to wrapped up in the willy waving contest and constant competition with a small group of meg owners (that are all sound chaps) of who's got the best parts etc etc

Either with a bit of encouragement from a couple of mates @NorthloopCup and @MrBurns I've realised it's what makes me happy and to carry on till the day I no longer can in that respect.

Maybe I wished I'd gone about about it a different way but in for a penny in for a pound now I guess.

Still into the scoots but I like the and enjoy the whole social side of that which in some way the cars struggle to offer now but I've got my small group of car companions and there all good [emoji106]

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well been a bit slack probably on the update front, if I said I'd lost my way a bit with the whole car thing it would be an understatement.

I've certainly been questioning the amount of time, work and money I put into them that's for sure and asking myself if it's what I really want to do anymore???

Had multiple good offers on the megane right to the point where @joniff was about to come down with hard cash for the car.

Had a good trackday at Oulton Park the other week and it reminded me what it was all about. Car performed awesome as always and fault free all day and I went home with a big smile on my face

4946BB8C-889D-4308-BA73-700AEF931975_zpsxpbobeqv.jpg

Maybe I became to wrapped up in the willy waving contest and constant competition with a small group of meg owners (that are all sound chaps) of who's got the best parts etc etc

Either with a bit of encouragement from a couple of mates @NorthloopCup and @MrBurns I've realised it's what makes me happy and to carry on till the day I no longer can in that respect.

Maybe I wished I'd gone about about it a different way but in for a penny in for a pound now I guess.

Still into the scoots but I like the and enjoy the whole social side of that which in some way the cars struggle to offer now but I've got my small group of car companions and there all good [emoji106]

I'm not guilty! All I did was buy the AG! Lol! In all seriousness though mate, I'd lost my way too with the cars so I knew where your head was at.

Megane r26
I'm not guilty! All I did was buy the AG! Lol! In all seriousness though mate, I'd lost my way too with the cars so I knew where your head was at.

Nah tbh I think Oulton Park did it for me, and getting a bit of appreciation from me vids and realising how far my driving had come on in that little car lol

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So got round to fitting the AST's today had a few small delays like me wedding!

Quick snap from the day

0D83276B-38A0-45D1-BB76-72F26B2CE03A_zpsrhalgkop.jpg

Also pinched me aunties range for a couple of days which was a joy to drive compared to me daily cup and the 26 lol

D1995D0D-E4F8-42BF-A236-95F82945B2D4_zpsxk8goaah.jpg

Only got a few pics today was rushing due to the rain that was looming

5D5071A0-0E65-46E7-84B1-23B6E177D2BF_zpsbipfy2ly.jpg

32A4AA1A-3ABF-4E7F-ADF6-4F6FECC3989E_zpszelxfjr4.jpg

Rear gets rid of inboard springs and runs traditional coil-over-Spring setup!

Ride quality is next level, some compliant and smooth probably better then standard and worlds apart from the BC's!

No doubt down the the actual dampers though.

Geo tomorrow and Trackday Wednesday

Winning on the bride front :smile:

One on the left!!!! (Bride too).

Swift Sport
I'm the same when it comes to trackdays, I'm very hot and cold with them. As we've discussed though, just lately we've been reminded how fun they can be! Plus I'm running out of things to spend money on lol.

Megane r26
I'm the same when it comes to trackdays, I'm very hot and cold with them. As we've discussed though, just lately we've been reminded how fun they can be! Plus I'm running out of things to spend money on lol.

From now on that's all it's gonna be about, just fun with mates. I'm half fast I don't have oat to prove or need statistics lol

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Nice one dan . So your point is have a big mod list and drive half slow on track or don't mod at all and just track it and enjoy [emoji106][emoji3]

Megane r26
Nice one dan . So your point is have a big mod list and drive half slow on track or don't mod at all and just track it and enjoy [emoji106][emoji3]

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with my cars spec, it goes extremely well on track and if anything just keeps giving more and more.

I just think it's all too easy getting wrapped up in it all and forgetting the original reason why we originally started it all

Megane r26
Haven't done a track day for too long. Need to get the Meg back out whilst I've still got it

Yeah I love mine on track, so stable and planted it just storms on.

Only time I've really had moments is when there self induced haha