ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not Normal Dans R26 Megane F1

RB197
The premier inn I stopped at sorry, it's bang and attached to a decent little pub where we ate that evening tbh and it's about 10 minute drive in the morning.

Yeah liked it tbh mate, car seemed to turn in better and with less weight in the back the back did want seem a tad more lively but it's a trade off I'm happy to make.

I think my only real hold back now is tyres, I feel I could get much more from 888r or a DZ03g.

I had a few laps in a 250 with some KW club sports on and that felt nice, he seemed to be able to carry maybe 5-10mph more through Coram but he was on 888's

Yeah she got used to it now, by the end of the start finish straight I was carrying 120ish so I wasn't hanging around.

What date you booked donington?
Quick mate! I'm booked on for the 17th mate an evening session

Megane r26
So a few little updates of late, been a little slow as had a lot on with new job on the horizon and interviews and assessments etc.

So finally got hold of me powerflex lower arm bushes, non adjustable after the horror stories of the castor bushes etc.

A7B63FFA-598E-4B72-98A6-BB359D7B8083_zpsa3wx4g4r.jpg

Got them through a mate who's a powerflex dealer so now I can go about rebuilding my spare arms [emoji106]

Also Red5Automotive had a massive offer on TD 1.2's after celebrating the BTCC as there the control wheel for the series! Gone for them in black!

Exact same fitment as Steve Kemp, a lad I've been chatting to recently regarding fitment

D3929615-DA58-46B9-BDB5-4932F1313645_zpsrzfv7bl2.jpg

Will increase track slightly with the alter of the offset and will make it a little more darty after speaking to a friend who sets up race and drift cars but nothing that'll be overly noticeable.

Also bought a set of R888's to put on them!

38912163-7F0E-4E30-9E56-9492DFDE32FA_zpsawmcewzw.jpg

Demon tweeks were the cheapest for 4 with free delivery and awesome service as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Been following this thread as I've just bought a Megane 225 and going to track it as well. I really like how you've done everything so far. I dont suppose you have any close up pics of where the harnesses clip into in the back of the car and where you've mounted the harness in between the seats if that's ok

Megane r26
No issues here...

Great, like I said I know Sunnylunn (Martin) had them fitted to his R by Mark Black and were constantly moving and f**king up the Geo on his old R26r no matter how tight they were done up and it ended up costing his a Trackday at Cadwell.

The same with Ianplymouth on his 225, both have had the issues along with a few others on RS Megane.

With the amount of Trackdays I do it's just one issue/possibility I can't be arsed with.

Megane r26
So then not much in terms of updates tbh, got the tyres mounted on the rims and the wheels are sat on the car for now.

D1378B87-35D6-4F27-9EFC-64C71E15A3C6_zpsvstfeao4.jpg

Cars going into the paint shop on the 23rd for a few bits and the R spoiler to be painted and fitted finally.

Few more things in the pipeline but you'll all soon see!

Megane r26
So then been a little quiet of late, got myself a new job and the process has took up a lot of time also bought a dog and putting finishing touches on me wedding!

So the Meganes been sitting idle apart from a weekly drive out just to make sure nothing seizes up etc

So on Saturday I thought I'd better get a few bits checked and a few job carried out pre Trackday etc.

1D2110BF-9DE9-4207-91D9-7589D76DF1C0_zps4ssbm39e.jpg

So I these jobs included:

Oil and filter change (Fuchs Titan)
Strip and clean and re bleed brakes
Nut and bolt check
Service Recirc valve
Adjust bucket seat position.

Luckily got it all done before the heavens open and then it was time to chill and pack the car for Cadwell.

So Sunday morning met up with Steve1 at his and headed off to Cadwell park. Weather had given iffy reports but it turned out to be a bloody cracker!

So we got there met Lee and Nick and Chris who had came to spectate.

The day couldn't of gone better, the R26 felt on form and felt like I'd turned another corner in terms of my track driving although I considered myself half quick lol

F9BAA742-65EC-43DB-BE0C-F1B0F22F37EB_zpsbivqgipc.jpg

Top day and the Meganes certainly earn't there keep and just goes to show how capable they are weather a few other drivers coming over showing interest and giving compliments

Think we rid Lincolnshire of half the fly population

F1206118-C55D-4E4A-B139-8256B4069F48_zpsbz33tz5d.jpg

Videos to come, my R26 is now down a local bodyshop for its R spoiler and a little few bits tidied up!

M2 Comp
Would you mind PM'ing details of the paint shop your using please Dan? Want to get a few bits done on my Trophy, but it's difficult finding someone you can trust!

Was following you through Melbourne a few weeks back on a sat morning (you were in the 172).

Megane r26
Would you mind PM'ing details of the paint shop your using please Dan? Want to get a few bits done on my Trophy, but it's difficult finding someone you can trust!

Was following you through Melbourne a few weeks back on a sat morning (you were in the 172).

You have PM ;)

Yeah was I going towards donington? If so I was off to do some work on me pals R

Megane r26
Yeah cups cool, probably going to have a little paintwork and some bilstein coilovers and wheel refurb and a nice exhaust pal and that'll do it

Megane r26
So booked myself another trackday, Donington evening session with javelin at the end of June.

3 hours for 129 is a little pricey but Donington always is and it fits in nicely with my training commitments over the next month with my new job.

48BE5A84-2F5E-4D78-936A-59F15290A142_zpshdnbqcyu.jpg

Donington was my first ever Trackday in the R26 so it'll be nice to have a few hours on track there!

Also woke up today with trophy thoughts, God knows why but I fancy another so I could be replacing the cup haha

Megane r26
So Donington was fun, 100 mile in 3 hours and just enough fuel left for the 12 mile journey home.

66E9A0DD-506C-403E-AFAC-377C3182050E_zpscrzwi8pz.jpg

Really can't fault this car it just seems to get quicker and quicker on track or maybe that's me lol.

Bought some R fog light blanks of a chap on Facebook

D079B907-1E9C-4B21-91D5-E5D4904842FF_zpsglv0swdc.jpg

There's been a bit of a dodgy smell which has turned out to be a blow from downpipe so I've ordered a new gasket and some studs to resolve that from RPD.

Also got some AST's on the way, the BC's have been great but the ride quality of the AST's when the going gets rough is just more superior which I can only put down to the valving in the shocks.

Really want to take this car up a peg again this year so cage, plastic Windows and a brake up grade along with the AST's will hopefully take it there

RB197
So Donington was fun, 100 mile in 3 hours and just enough fuel left for the 12 mile journey home.

66E9A0DD-506C-403E-AFAC-377C3182050E_zpscrzwi8pz.jpg

Really can't fault this car it just seems to get quicker and quicker on track or maybe that's me lol.

Bought some R fog light blanks of a chap on Facebook

D079B907-1E9C-4B21-91D5-E5D4904842FF_zpsglv0swdc.jpg

There's been a bit of a dodgy smell which has turned out to be a blow from downpipe so I've ordered a new gasket and some studs to resolve that from RPD.

Also got some AST's on the way, the BC's have been great but the ride quality of the AST's when the going gets rough is just more superior which I can only put down to the valving in the shocks.

Really want to take this car up a peg again this year so cage, plastic Windows and a brake up grade along with the AST's will hopefully take it there

Cracking car mate, plans sound brilliant to!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Megane r26
So today I logged onto bookface today and this came up from a year ago!

E1A6FB12-26D9-4CE4-9EB7-9EB7EAFCCA7F_zpspeudoixe.jpg

A drive out round Wales with a few lads from RsMegane including @Gray and @TheRussian.

Had a phone call from Curtis at AST today and fingers crossed I should be collecting them before the end of the week but no breath has been held lol.

Also had a little delivered off RPD

B6AE4897-C880-428E-BE62-F182777BA841_zpsbfr2vfit.jpg

New exhaust gasket and lock nuts for the downpipe

Megane r26
This guy knows, ha. 330ci 6 speed manual to be precise, with refurbed wheels and eibach suspension........................

I'm a massive BMW fan, we have one lol!

I'd love an e46 m3 massive soft spot since I worked on them at stratstone! I was very close to buying one before the Meg but on track the Meg seems to lap them up unless there fairly modified and then there true weapons!

Problem with the 46 m3 is the high price wear and tear items and the inherit problems which is probably the reason I'll sadly never own one [emoji24]