ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not so new xbox 360!!!!!!!

Z4 Roadster
Afternoon all

I bought myself an xbox 360 premium last weekend. :)

It has been playing up occasionally, like game freezes, not ejecting games etc. :(

Also, when I tried to register on xbox, it said the serial number had already been registered! :(
I then checked the build date, and its 30/11/05! That's over a year old! :(:(

Therefore I've come to the conclusion this is a refurbished box.

I'm taking it back to Woolworths tomorrow hopefully to get a new one.

I'm expecting to have a bit of a fight though, but hopefully they'll be ok. I'm going armed with my sale of goods act etc!

Anyone had any issues with Woolworths at all?

CJ

Blue ph1 172
They'd have no leg to stand on if you can't even register the thing!

Fiesta ST
Afternoon all

I bought myself an xbox 360 premium last weekend. :)

It has been playing up occasionally, like game freezes, not ejecting games etc. :(

Also, when I tried to register on xbox, it said the serial number had already been registered! :(
I then checked the build date, and its 30/11/05! That's over a year old! :(:(

Therefore I've come to the conclusion this is a refurbished box.

I'm taking it back to Woolworths tomorrow hopefully to get a new one.

I'm expecting to have a bit of a fight though, but hopefully they'll be ok. I'm going armed with my sale of goods act etc!

Anyone had any issues with Woolworths at all?

Woolworths can be a b**ch about sending microsoft products back - just stand your ground :)

1.8 Civic EX
not good! sounds like someone has done the old swap-a-roo!

had it for a wile, it's packed up, bought a new one, put old machine in box and took it back and kept the new one...

Z4 Roadster
I'm going to certainly stand my ground.

Anyway, I suspect MS might not honour the box as it's over 1 year old AND registered to someone else!!!

Ford Puma
I'm sure if you have reciept of sale and proff etc etc it'll all be fine and dandy.

may have to stay the course on this one though.

Z4 Roadster
yup.
I have proof it has been registered by someone else.

I have proof of the build date (it's on the machine).

I can't 100% proove the faults, but I guess if it came to it, I could record the instances with my camera on my mobile phone! :)

You bought it as a "new" item, paid full up for it and it turns out it's not. Trading standards would have them on "product description" so regardless of microsoft woolies will have to give you a new unit, it's faulty and it's been sold as new when it isnt.

Z4 Roadster
that's the offer that I bought it on! :)

Loony - spot on mate. My thoughts exactly and certainly what I'm going to tell Woolworths!!

I'd go in calm rather than shouting the odd's and mentioning trading standards. They may well replace it with another brand new unit, apologise and let you on your way.

If they do try and fob you off then thats the line I'd go with. Seeing as you're more than likely going to get a spotty teenager serving you ask to see their manager if they're having none of it.

Z4 Roadster
yup, that's the approach I'm going to take. At the end of the day, I just want the product that I thought I'd bought. No fuss, just want what I paid for please!!!

I would hope that being polite to them will mean they'll hopefully be polite back. :)

I'll only raise the game if they do. :evil:

Z4 Roadster
well, update - :)

went into Woolworths today, and was told their policy was to call their technical hotline and if necessary get a return number :rolleyes:. OK, so phoned them from the store (after lots of attempts to get through). The chap said, ok, I'll put you through to the xbox 360 dept. Fine I thought, but it turns out he put me through to Microsoft!!! Both myself and the MS bloke were confused! :S

Anyway, the MS bloke said take it back to the store! :)What a surprise. So had to call Woolworths hotline thing back, to get a returns number. I eventually get through again, and she then tells me she can't give a returns number, but asks to speak to a store person.
After a call to the Nottingham branch (where I purchased it from), I eventually got a brand new, sealed xbox 360. :)

The first one definetly wasn't new, as it didn't have the stickers over the drive. :mad:
Think I'll be writing to Woolworths and possibly Trading Standards. They shouldn't have been able to do what they did!!! :mad:

anyway, got a nice new one now, and seems to be better. (fingers crossed)