ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not starting + clicking

Evening,

this is is a strange one to me.

Cars been running smooth and fine for a while now, earlier on I had my tyres changed at a garage. Left and all was fine, started up a few times since then today and no problems.

About an an hour I go I decided to change my splitter, left my headlights on and fog lights for around 30 minutes while doing it.

My headlights started to flicker randomly and then stopped, after a minute they flickered again and went off. When I go to turn the lights on now they come on and go straight back off. The car won't start, lots of clicking, no turning over.

Red immobiliser on solid, no sound of fuel pump priming.

A battery charger says my battery is charged, trying to jump it (just to get some turn over I know the immobiliser on solid will not start the car)

Lots of clicking from relays and that's it.

Update. So while stopping and starting writing this post my immobiliser light goes out now so that's not the problem (it's done it before like that) so it's now just clicking when trying to start.

With some rubbish jump leads I tried getting power from a friends Fiesta ST, no starting power but it let my headlights come on and enough that when we took off the jump leads they came on when I switched them on.

Still battery charger syas says the battery is full. Going to try a friends 182 battery later to rule that out.

Any ideas? All I was doing was changing a splitter :(