ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not to everyone's taste, not 100% mine either lol

Disastra Coupe
So as i posted a couple of month back or so i bought an Astra Coupe.

No, it's not to everyone's taste. No, it's not my usual choice in cars but it does it's job that i bought it for and tbh i reckon it looks pretty smart.

I got it back from the bodyshop the other week and now it's had a bit of a mini detail i thought i'd post some pics up. Basically it's had a full front end repsray, rear bumper and spoiler. Looks heap load's better!

9646574147_60fd3dac08_c.jpg

astra by chippen172, on Flickr

9646573475_29f0a4f774_c.jpg

astra3 by chippen172, on Flickr
9649806576_bdb2942135_c.jpg

astra2 by chippen172, on Flickr

9646573235_713dc58862_c.jpg

astra4 by chippen172, on Flickr

9646572895_c18f917d6d_c.jpg

astra5 by chippen172, on Flickr

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That looks very tidy. Not keen on the massive wheels though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Plenty of potential although no one in the uk seems to do enough with the 2.2 n/a ones, its actually an engine with huge potential, they run 6 second quarter miles FWD on those engines (hugely modified of course!) in the states

Disastra Coupe
Plenty of potential although no one in the uk seems to do enough with the 2.2 n/a ones, its actually an engine with huge potential, they run 6 second quarter miles FWD on those engines (hugely modified of course!) in the states

A lot of people dislike the 2.2 due to timing chain issues apparently. Hence i avoided them lol.

Little dark horses these cars, always wanted to have a drive in one but never have done.

They handle alright for what they are imo, the 1.8 like mine isn't all that pokey though - it's alright but not thrilling at all. A Turbo i can imagine would be fun but i didn't want to run into any issues!

Looks very tidy.

I want that grille for my gsi!

​Thanks, she is tidy now! I quite like the grill :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A lot of people dislike the 2.2 due to timing chain issues apparently. Hence i avoided them lol.

There were huge numbers of the 2.2 engine with the problems with the tensioner not being oiled correctly, its a revised design now though and hardly any cars exist that havent had the update I would imagine.

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
They handle alright for what they are imo, the 1.8 like mine isn't all that pokey though - it's alright but not thrilling at all. A Turbo i can imagine would be fun but i didn't want to run into any issues!

Ah, I was under the impression this was the 2.0ltr turbo with 200bhp thereabouts. Still great little cars non the less.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice but personally I'm not a fan of the grill, It's something I wanted on my Corsa 10 years ago so seems a bit played out now.

Looks really clean!

I quite like these, love the shape of them, but I'd not buy one.

Looks nice but personally I'm not a fan of the grill, It's something I wanted on my Corsa 10 years ago so seems a bit played out now.
Me too, I'm not a fan of the Opel badge either.

Disastra Coupe
Very tidy, but not something I'd own.

Me neither normally. But i needed something better on fuel than my 330 (ignore the Polo i owned in between that and this) and i wanted something bigger than the Polo lol.
This has just clocked over onto 68k miles, is now mint, has plenty of history, didn't cost very much at all and is reasonably cheap to insure - all of which means i can put money towards a house.

The grill, lowering springs and wheels were all done to it when i bought it and tbh none of them offend me. I doubt i'll be modifying it any further either tbh bar some new speakers (current one's are fooked).