ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Now my immobiliser won’t let me start!!

The immobiliser in my 172 just would not let my engine start on Wed eve!! Maybe anyone in the area saw a silver 172 with a spoiler being towed along the A602 by a Skoda (the embarassment!!) - THAT WAS ME!!

Started the car and the fuel pump primed fine but the immobiliser light came on and cut the engine. It turns over but wont catch. Half way home to Stevenage from Ware my hazard lights, dash lights, windows etc all stopped working - the battery went flat! After charging the battery the thing still wouldnt start. Not really sure whats wrong but its at my mates garage at the mo.

Anyone had a similar experience? I only had my throttle cable replaced the previous day by the same mechanic but I dont think this could be related. Not a dodgy mechanic either!! Aaarrggghhh

CANCEL THAT!!

Its all sorted - just spoke to the mechanic. Apparently the fuse box wiring was fcucked. Had to re-wire it or something and now its all sorted

- Now its gone in for its MOT....help!!