ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number plate screw holes

Da

Less
just ordered my cut-down (but legal) front plate and then went out and measured the front recess. Plate fits fine, but some donkey who fitted the front plate has put the left hand fixing in the normal place, on the first letter, but the second one is like mm's away from the right hand edge meaning the hole will be exposed once I fit a slightly smaller plate.
Any ideas guys how can I get rid of this? Fill and touch up..? It's on plastic remember.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I filled with fibreglass then a skim of P38. I then masked and sprayed the entire recess to ensure good coverage. The overall colour match isn't brilliant but it isn't noticeable due to the recess.

Attachments

• 12072006.jpg
    12072006.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 71

Da

Less
yeah I was thinking along those lines Al, athough mr beach's idea is a cheap and easy DIY fix :D

Da

Less
Yeah mate, can't wait for my private plate transfer to complete and the new plate to arrive so I can get it stuck on! I will DIY the hole I think for the time being. ;)