ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O dear o dear Mr Porsche

P

phill172

Sisters rather 'fun' trackday at Brands Hatch.......

Whoops......................he had just overtaken her and then she found this...(on the straight! with and instructor in the car)

Lap 3, first session. 9.15am.(ish)

brands2.jpg

brands3.jpg

brands4.jpg

brands7.jpg

Qoute me if im wrong but thats a brand new GT3 RS! Just like the one on top gear too! Just hope the guy had insurance for the track!

He is going to be on Porsches Black lish :nono:

P

phill172

im confused...who did that?

Just some guy who owned it at a track day. Sorry didnt explain well, my sister was at the track day with her boyfriend in a civic type r. So this guy overtook went round the corner after druids, and then next thing they saw was the car like this on the straight! Its on the meganesport.net forum, just search Porsche at track day

P

phill172

oh no........... shame its a lovely car hope he got out ok

Yea everyone got out ok otherwise wouldnt have posted it, driver was a bit shaky but fair play to him, after doing that! Loads of cars where spinning off, they had a Lotus Elise spank it into the gravel trap, and lots of Ginettas and Radical race cars spin and come off the track too!

182, SQ7, Trafic
Apparently this also happened at Snetterton in the pits a couple months ago! Anyone hear about that?

Looks nastyy!

P

phill172

if he could afford one he could proberly afford a new one! waste of a car

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ooh, ouch.

What is it with GT3 RS drivers?

At an Evo magazine day at Brands a while back a GT3 RS went flying into the gravel at paddock, they must have something to prove LOL.

Megane Trophy
Another example of

All the gear no idea

I do a fair bit of instruction on trackdays at brands and it amazes me how many people spin or go off.
I guess hes come down into graham hill, had the porsche pendulum effect and lost if over the grass crete on the exit.
Span across the grass, either re entered the track or the safety car exit tyres have gripped and over he has gone.

Shame as its my favourite car and in the right hands they really are amazing bits of kit.

P

phill172

Another example of

All the gear no idea

I do a fair bit of instruction on trackdays at brands and it amazes me how many people spin or go off.
I guess hes come down into graham hill, had the porsche pendulum effect and lost if over the grass crete on the exit.
Span across the grass, either re entered the track or the safety car exit tyres have gripped and over he has gone.

Shame as its my favourite car and in the right hands they really are amazing bits of kit.

good to see someone with some knowledge!
he ended up just after the bend on Cooper Straight. Is it really that easy to flip a car???

Ad

MK2 FRS
f**king hell. Id be gutted, whether I had the cash to get another or not. Stunning machines!

Megane Trophy
If sliding from grass and entering tarmac at right angles then yes it will go over very easily. The same applies to the gravel.

Evo trackdays are notoriously poor driving standards and i advise people to stay well clear of them. Reason - everyones trying to proove there the best not slowing down and actually improving there driving standard.

P

phill172

If sliding from grass and entering tarmac at right angles then yes it will go over very easily. The same applies to the gravel.

Evo trackdays are notoriously poor driving standards and i advise people to stay well clear of them. Reason - everyones trying to proove there the best not slowing down and actually improving there driving standard.

My sister says to definitely stay clear of them. She had to share the track during 'novice time' with the professional Mini challenge drivers, Ginettas and also Radical race cars.
We didn't get a chance to do any decent laps and were constantly blue flagged.

I can see one of her famous complaint letters coming up! Good luck Evo!

Megane Trophy
That was thursday or friday last week.

The dunlop great and british tour was on this weekend so that would have been a trackday before the test day. As most of the cars are under 102db they would have been allowed on track.

Problem is test days are £250 a day and normally booked 3 months in advance. Trackdays are £100 and can be booked a few weeks in advance.
We never test on trackdays as we cant time, get in a decent lap and its not fair on the people doing there trackday in there road car.