ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O/s CV Joint and Driveshaft- how much to replace do you think?

Clio 172 Phase II
Hi folks. My CV joint disintegrated last night-it may be that the driveshaft is damaged too. Does anyone have an idea of what I should be paying to get it all replaced? Thanks veryu much for looking! Dom

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Alternatively, RenParts generally supply them for about £50.

Just make sure it's off EXACTLY the right variant of car, as there are many slightly different types.

Clio 172 Phase II
I have just discovered the above to be true... and its been a bit of a drag. Had two CV joints delivered from a driveshaft/CV company--neither have been right although it's not their fault at all. The last one fits but the ABS ring is all wrong apparantly. Wish I'd bought a new one from Renault to be honest.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Get on the phone to reparts, ask them for EXACTLY what you want, make it quite clear you've had problems getting the right one, then fit a new driveshaft. Sorted.

Clio 172 Phase II
Unfortunately, it's impossible to follow everyone's advice. There were some conflicting and contrasting opnions/suggestions from various different sources; for example there are two different opinions in this thread alone.