ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 contract..... Sorry :/

How do you know if you are eligible for a new phone upgrade?

If you're not, is there any sneaky ways of getting a new phone for free or cheap?

O2 site is a bit of a mess so don't really know where to look :(

thanks for any help!

Ah fair one.

just found this too...

When can I upgrade?

You can upgrade in the last month of your contract. If your monthly bill is regularly greater than £40, or you are a member of O2 Select, you may be eligible for an early upgrade, please call us.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
My wife just got new O2 contract from e2save. D900 clearance phone, was a returned unused model so happy with phone. 12 month deal at £35 a month for 400 mins/500 texts. All money is claimed back between month 4 & 12 making the whole year free. Can't complain.

Ive been paying at least £55 a month for the past 8 months so fingers crossed they will allow me to have an early upgrade :D

Vaux Astra VXR Arden Blue
refused me and my fone bills are consistantly 250 quid 450 has been the most
Needless to say i left them !

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Three gave me early upgrade 3 months early and I only spend £20/month. Apart from the odd comms.(language) barrier they are superb value for money.

Im with oragen now unlimted texts (although if u read the small print its 3000) and 1000 any time mins for £35 quid

Monaro VXR
They will upgrade anyone as long as its in the 11month of a 12 month contract or month 17 of an 18 month contract usually.

Its the month before your allowed to upgrade. They basically have to offer you a new free phone. I got my XDA Exec for free of them last time. £32 a month I pay for 1000 minutes + Long weekends adding an extra 2000. And 500 texts + whatever they chuck on extra and insurance is included in that.

Had the contract for 6 years with no complaints. Bills have ranged from £17 - £400+ in a month. £17 was when I was out the country for 2 months and unable to use the phone though. With my new contract though I find it quite difficult to get above £40.

RB 182
check out carphonewarehouse site for clearance offers. they do some good deals on there, change regularly

refused me and my fone bills are consistantly 250 quid 450 has been the most
Needless to say i left them !

How on earth do you manage that unless you're calling different countries lol. It seems like im contantly texting people and im on the phone for an average of an hour a day :S

check out carphonewarehouse site for clearance offers. they do some good deals on there, change regularly

Had a peak, although they're cheap I was looking for a new handset, fancied the W880i :(

thanks guys/girl :D

god knows how i manage it but i do!!
well that was wi 02 on 500 mins and 1000 texts bt since been on orange i havent went over the amount

god knows how i manage it but i do!!
well that was wi 02 on 500 mins and 1000 texts bt since been on orange i havent went over the amount

Fair enough, I'm not to sure what my contract gets me, I just rushed in and got any old contract, its 50 quid before ive made any calls or texts though :/

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I renewed mine in jan, emailed them to ask to cancel and they said this

Hello Scott,

Thanks for emailing us regarding your phone number 07*******.

We're sorry to learn that you want to cancel your contract with us.

Please be assured that no other UK Service Provider offers free calls to Non Geographical numbers (such as phone numbers starting with 0845) as part of the tariff allowance. We're the last Service Provider that started charging for the calls to Non Geographical numbers.

Calls to Non Geographical phone numbers will be chargeable from 28 September 2007. I've set the disconnection date on your account for 28 September 2007.

Please note that you'll not be charged any termination fee.

A final bill will be sent within 7 to 14 days of the disconnection date above. It'll include any charges or credit due on your account.

If you've any questions or if there is anything we can do to retain your valued custom, please contact us on 08706 007 102. Lines are open Monday to Saturday between 08:00am and 06:00pm and Sunday between 09:00am and 05:00pm. Calls are charged at 20p per minute from O2 pay monthly phones.

We hope that you'll consider using O2 services in the future.

Important - When you email us please provide: your date of birth, postcode and mobile number as it helps us answer your query faster.

Kind regards,

Ah awesome, so you don't need to pay the remaining months of line rental like you would if you just wanted to cancel the contract for no reason?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I was told an upgrade is in month 10 of a 12 month contract, or 14 or an 18 month contract. I don't know if I'd ever upgrade tho 'cos there are lots of good deals around, esp as my contract expires just after new year.

Ah awesome, so you don't need to pay the remaining months of line rental like you would if you just wanted to cancel the contract for no reason?

Normally the'y ask for payment of all the remainings months on contract. To lower that amount, lower your contract to the lowest contract before you cancel, save a bit if your urgent. But if you're going to pay the rest, might as well keep the contract for the extra mins/texts unless you want to transfer your number.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Nope pay nothing :) and keep the phone. mint.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i was with O2 and left to get a better deal with vodafone.

wish id never left now. poor poor customer service and my bills are coming in outrageously high compared to O2 and im doing nothing different.

O2 are sooo much better.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
See I want to leave 02 cos their bills never make sense, my line rental is never what it's ment to be.