ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OBD Port problem

PH1 172
Went round a friends yesterday along with a couple of others to test our induction temperatures as we all have a different set up. We did the test on the Trophy, 182 Cup and then we were going to do mine next. Plugged in the reader to OBD11 Port and the program kept coming up with an error saying it could not read a signal.....OBD Bus or something. Tried it a few times and it didn't like it so we tested the program on the next car (182FF) and it worked perfect. Anybody else had a problem with their OBD Port? I think the problem began since I had my ECU replaced a couple of months ago.....should I go back to the garage and get them to sort it?

Clio II and Grand Modus
if it´s a pre 2001 model the computer is locked so only Renault can clear codes ect. with their Clip-tester.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
^ not true all data is available.
^^ did the guy select the correct model/type number for your car on hs bit of kit. there are a lot of variants and if you choose the wrong one on the machine it very often just says 'communication error'

PH1 172
Micheal: It's a 2000 172 model

^ not true all data is available.
^^ did the guy select the correct model/type number for your car on hs bit of kit. there are a lot of variants and if you choose the wrong one on the machine it very often just says 'communication error'

It was a kit my mate got off ebay so that you can clip it in and read errors etc and it seems to work on the following cars:

182 cup
182 trophy
182FF

When it came to plugging it into mine it didn't like it. Don't think there was any options to choose on the program to specify what model it was.....

Clio II and Grand Modus
thats prob the problem, u need the proper machine really. for reliable & accurate data

Like I said: you need a Renault clip-tester, or a proff. code reader, but only a the clip-tester can see all data!!!

Last edited: