ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd heater problem any ideas?

Ex 182 owner
IMG_3989.JPG
IMG_3985.JPG
So just picked up a cheaper Trophy.

Has a no fan blowing heater problem. Did my reading regarding the resistor pack. Went to try the swap.. and doh... there isn't a resistor pack at all in whatever air system is installed in the car. The hole for it isn't cut out the box and there is no wiring.

So my question is.
1. Is this normal on a Trophy? I just assumed it had the same system as the 182 but without the climate control. My guess it's been tinkered with.

2. If it is normal what would be the fault then if Trophies don't have resistor packs.. assume some mark2 clios don't otherwise where did the air box come from?

@MicKPM , if you have a minute could you confirm at all what should I be looking at in a 182 trophy?

Cheers
Chris

Ex 182 owner
MAybe is the answer.

I stripped it all down and found the heater motor didn't actually spin with a direct source of power. I bought a s/h unit based on the part number. That does spin with the same direct power test. Unfortunately I'm
Not near the car to test it all out again.