ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd PH1 issue

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Hiya,

Bit of a strange one here, I bought a lovely PH1 a few months ago that I've been rebuilding, when I bought it I noticed I had to hold the fob button to start the car (I believe this is an immobiliser override) after inspecting under the bonnet it appears there is a relay override in place, basically one of the relays is earthed straight to the negative on the battery (I assume the fuel pump to again override the immobiliser) Not the end of the world I thought until I took it out last night and realised under normal driving conditions it's doing 4 MPG. I managed to use 1/4 of a tank of fuel in 60 miles. Could this be related to the fact the fuel pump will be running all the time ?

I have a few spare ECU/BMT/Decoder and key, but in fear of swapping these over and the car refusing to work as this is my only car at present. Or is it more likely to be a duff sensor ? The timing belt was done at clioturbo earlier in the year so can assume the timing is sound.

Kind Regards
Paul