ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd problem - clutch pedal

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Ok, Ive got a really odd one for you, I wonder if anyone else has had this...

Basically the clutch action on my 03 Cup is light & smooth, has been for the past 5000 miles from new, but for the past couple of weeks its developed a strange trait where as soon as the car gets fully warmed up the clutch action gets a little stiffer, its not as smooth (can feel something) and theres a creaking noise from the pedal area! :confused:

Then the really wierd thing is that when its left and its cold again, its back to normal and as it should be, but as soon as it warms up...

WTF?!

Gonna take it in and see what they say, but just wanted to see if any of you lot have experienced this?

Have exactly the same thing on my 172. I noticed it got worse when I was stuck in heavy traffic in the hottest part of the summer. Maybe, just things expanding as they get hot and becoming a bit tighter?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Weird aint it?! :confused:

Deffo related to how hot the engine gets as if I potter around its fine, but as soon as I give it some it starts...

Hi,

As you can see in the other post regarding the damned banging in 1st shift, my car is beeing serviced, and they are replacing the clutch as its kinda broken... It was exactly as you described... I dont know how to say in english the name of the part which is causing this issue... sorry...

Hey Rich-D...I have a very similar problem with my williams 3 clutch. When I drive to work, by the end of the journey my clutch pedal feels stiffer (will less movement) than normal. It also makes a small clicking noise when I push the pedal down. The other night I went to push the clutch down and a heard a loud snap noise and the clutch pedal lossed all resistance! I pulled over thinking the clutch cable had snapped or something, only to find that it had suddendly fixed itself and was able to drive home normally!! Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I took it to a local garage and he couldnt find anything wrong!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 09 January 2004

Ive never heard of it mate?

U ever wish you didnt get that Cup?!
Well, the odd thing is that its stopped doing it now!

Still glad I got the Cup though...

Mine has started doing the exact same thing!! Noticed it at crimbo when I went home, and when I came back to work (6hr drive each way). Havent drove the car on any distance since.

Keep us posted when you take it in pls.

cups are great, just they need more tlc than most others...