ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM Dampers - Clio 172 Cup (Dec 2003)

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Chaps,

ive just ordered the Cooksport Lowering springs (today)

I want to refresh the dampers too. How much should i be paying for OEM dampers for my clio 172 Cup (2003)?

Renault are quoting £49.94 per damper for both front and rear. Are their any preferred suppliers / better prices on here?

Or should I look at buying uprated dampers to compliment these springs? Its primarily fast road use and I want dont want a harsh ride ;). Very occasional track use.

Many thanks
Tom

Cup In bits
I had the same criteria as you and settled for standard after reading loads of threads, only difference is I went for eibach sportlines. Cooksports seem to get better reviews.

I just bought a full set from Renault today through Adam at head office, top bloke and I think I got rears for £36each and fronts for £45each plus £7 delivery.

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Thanks Swede

Can any other people recommend suppliers for OEM 172 Cup dampers? Renparts are getting back to me with a quote. Who else should I try for a competitive price? I would like to order them today ideally.

Now thinking i should chuck 2 new ones on mine before throwing the springs on ........ the rears are new , for the sake of 90 quid ???????

45 x 2 + 7 for fronts ....... ??

or am i in the wrong job /salesman

just ordered them from Adam and you were Right (said) Fred .........

and Adam speaks so highly of you LOL

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
Fred I ordered a load of parts from Adam, he said you use the Megane crank bolt for some reason, can you offer more info? I just took his word and ordered it.