ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM or Koni shocks

172cup turbo & rx8
im doing a full suspension refresh within the next few weeks and i have everything except the dampers, i was dead set on going for a genuine set of cup items however i keep reading about the rears leaking and im tempted to go for koni soprt's (with ajustable damping)

has anyone had any bad experience with the koni's?

i like how it handles on standards with sportlines however if there is a definate improvement then i might go for it:S

172 Cup
Well I have Apex shocks and springs and its rock hard.

I have brought some Eibach sportlines and new cup shock and they are in for fitting tomorrow.

I'll let you know what I think ;)

172cup turbo & rx8
track rod ends (gen renault), stearing rack bushes (gen renault), complete bottom arms (gen renault), eibach sportline springs, powerflex arb bushes

also all the engine mounts (inc dogbone) are getting changed whilst the turbo conversion is getting done

V6 255
And should be for £80 more per set of rears. Just thought I'd shout up in case someone wanted a cheap alternative :)

Koni yellows and eibach sportlines are meant to be one of the best setups this side of top end coilovers..

Have seen people change the sachs setup on trophy's for them! maybe due to the refurb cost though on the sachs

172 cup (again)
Are those cup shocks on offer at Renault Wakefield? My 'new' cup needs a suspension refresh and I would like to keep it standard with the exception of perhaps some eibach pro springs unless there is a reasonable price available on standard springs