ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM+ Petrol Blue 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Looks ace and loving your attention to detail.

Only the black xenon front, they're not as dark as the non xenon black inserts which I found weird! They do come up on occasion, i have a pair but they're only good for spares I'm afraid.

I’m surprised others agree on the mats thought more would disagree lol! But for me Iran just the fact they are more subtle as at the end of the day they are mats; don’t want my eye being drawn to them

I personally like the silver trim on the RS mats, it's the fact the Renault Sport logo on the driver's mat isn't the correct font/style for the 182 that originally put me off. Sounds sad, but there you go lol that's me, so I bought your set and as said was great quality and will match the PB well (more subtle). What made me change them was I kept pulling the drivers mat forward with my foot and a couple of times it got caught on the accelerator pedal!! Not good, but as you don't drive the car much, who cares about that ?

Thinking about the headlights, really liking this, but not sure how it'll look against the Arctic...…. we'll see!

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
@cstarby FYI, a few little facts for your PB as I'm at work and utterly bored:

1 of just 4 registered in the UK with no options fitted.
It was ordered by the dealer on 03/12/2004.
Built on Thursday 16th December 2004.
Received at UK docks on 09/01/2005.
Registered new on 19/01/2005.
Yours was registered just 6 days after my old one.
It was the 14th of 29 to be registered in PB in the UK.
It was the 3rd to be registered in 2005.
It was the second to be registered without any options.
The first registered PB was 06/05/2004.
The last registered was 07/07/2005.

@cstarby FYI, a few little facts for your PB as I'm at work and utterly bored:

1 of just 4 registered in the UK with no options fitted.
It was ordered by the dealer on 03/12/2004.
Built on Thursday 16th December 2004.
Received at UK docks on 09/01/2005.
Registered new on 19/01/2005.
Yours was registered just 6 days after my old one.
It was the 14th of 29 to be registered in PB in the UK.
It was the 3rd to be registered in 2005.
It was the second to be registered without any options.
The first registered PB was 06/05/2004.
The last registered was 07/07/2005.

How did you find that out in regards to build date etc and especially when received at the docks?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate and ive been looking at them car mats to,been trying to find nice ones with blue piping to match the cup but no luck,oh i have black xenons on my cup?

Also i will Hopefully moving to dunmow soon,so be easier to pop over if need bite doing etc.

My Cup came with mats with blue piping and I binned them ? in favour of these ones so for £20 I’d grab the Clio ones mate.

Oh awesome I need a drinking buddy for the odd sunny day we get round here lol! Most of my mates live too far the other way. My parents just had a house built on St Edmunds Lane in Dunmow so we are in Dunmow a lot. Let me know how it all goes if you make the move mate.

Forgot to take pictures but gave the engine compartment a bumper off clean.

Transferred the private plate while I was at it and decided to go with the smaller front number plate for this car and have to say as much as I was against it before it does look a lot lot better

C166DC00-01F8-48C3-841E-A5FA617FC747.jpeg

855CFB0A-33A4-49E2-95AF-BB5B6D3C3450.jpeg

FEB02521-0693-45B0-95DC-4B6554C678B9.jpeg

Your just the same as me! When I bought my 182 I was never and I mean NEVER going to get a smaller plate...…….. then I bought my private plate for the car and surprise surprise, folded and got a smaller plain one. Yours is VERY small tho, I specced mine to fill the number plate gap perfectly top and bottom with just the gap at the sides

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
See I thought that it was supposed to be a bit bigger @182_steve but I went by the instructions on this forum when ordering and that’s what tuned up :-/
Mines the same as yours!
It really does make a massive difference to the front end imo! Car looks lovely, looking forward to see how it all turns out! Oem is the way ?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Thanks mate @Cerrone been following your thread also car looks great. Gotta do the seatbelt clean up soon like you did ?
Cheers bud? Oh mate honestly it’s boring like really boring and takes a while! But when I went out in the car this week I did think how much nicer they look! Leave them to soak in washing powder for a good time! Good luck!

See I thought that it was supposed to be a bit bigger @182_steve but I went by the instructions on this forum when ordering and that’s what tuned up :-/

I got mine from fancyplates mate, but the 'show plates' option which then gives the option for a custom size - both mine are plain with legal font, rear plate being standard legal size, I specced my front one to be 520mm x 94mm - guessing yours is 520 x 90?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
apologise if I've missed it but where did you get the new grab handles from. Where they new from the main dealers?

Had the driveway extended across and resin bound so more space for cars and the garage doesn’t keep filling up with gravel lol!

9E210520-9E4C-4305-9509-86B4910B9D06.jpeg

Fitted a set of Cup turini’s with Michelin Pilot Sport 3s all round

3EF1BFE3-C30C-47AB-8FD9-1DD042CA2AD0.jpeg

And I know this isn’t to everyone’s taste but also fitted new polarised tpi nuts as they are similarly colour to PB kind of lol!

7063B965-4069-41AD-B3C4-438A8ED97428.jpeg

I then fitted the Recaros and a battery cover plus had already fitted tow eye.

E69F2631-F1FC-4C5E-81EE-7FAF4D284FC4.jpeg

FE42F0C1-1028-4C9E-90D0-D4A1E97C6288.jpeg

I also received my certificate diploma for the one to one machine polishing course I had carried out a few months back. If you want to further your detailing skills I can’t recommend Cambridge Concours highly enough. Not cheap if one to one but such great knowledge and Simon is a top chap.

F8300558-86D0-4CD9-9221-BDF1042B8064.jpeg

Then finally tucked her up in the garage :)

882980A8-0F14-4891-A9F2-192D3A9D4CD3.jpeg

0B4E6D50-5025-41EB-A039-1572A4648172.jpeg

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
@cstarby Can you do me a favour? Change your avatar picture to maybe the same but with the bonnet shut.
I know Renault build quality can be regarded as shoddy but it makes it look like the panel gaps are huge. ?

Car has gone into the garage today to have pretty much everything else doing that was needed. I don't have the time or desire right now to have a go myself so decided to get everything done all at once.

Here is the list of everything that will be done this week:

- Service
- Health check and diagnostics check
- 197 front Brembo conversion (rears have brand new discs and pads)
- New brake fluid
- Full suspension refresh with cup dampers and cooksport springs all round
- Belts
- Rocker cover reseal
- Cat kit
- Water pump
- Replace Expansion tank and do coolant flush and replace
- New upper & lower engine mounts
- Adjust handbrake
- Adjust gear linkage
- New centre exhaust bracket and realignment
- Fit PH1 gearknob
- Re-gas aircon
- New genuine HT leads
- All new genuine fuel injectors
- Paint rocker cover
- Timing correction

Plus anything else found that needs doing. Going to be an expensive week!!!

Here are all the parts I sourced in the boot before it went:

yujuy.jpg

Sadly due to having all this done for me this thread is going to be rather boring hahaha. But at least I can enjoy it straight away and we may still have some sunshine when it gets back.

Will update all once shes back.

This is going to be sooo good when you get it back, that's an awesome list of things to be getting done and just the springs and shocks will have a great difference alone! I'm quite envious of the brakes! Andy at Engine Dynamics has worked on my Clio and did a few things including a coolant change and fit new bottle same as you - he is superb and as always in life - you get what you pay for!

I'll be interested to see the PH1 gearknob fitted, I have one for mine but never got it fitted as went for the PMS shifter in the end.

Hahaha, its because it sits connected to a battery conditioner as I don't really drive it.

I'm with you there, that's exactly how my Clio sits most of the time sat in the garage lol!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
This looks like a stunning example. Glad to see there are still a few petrol blues kicking around! Any updates recently?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
He goes by a different name now and has sold the car. Moved on to a Ferrari.