ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

The connection is poor, I'm constantly yellow bar despite having a decent connection, everyone is getting the edge on me, and I'm not even showing as hitting them on killcam.

Annoyed.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So, IGN reviews.

WAW - 87%
MW2 - 94%
Blops - 85%

Comparing to BadCompany2 - 90%

I've not even looked at single player yet, anyone else?

Multiplayer I've had no issues with lag or finding games. So far only 1 host change.

The IGN review is mostly positive, though. Strange scoring system. I'm sure it would get a 90%+ easily if it was based on multiplayer.

A4 Avant
My best buy order at £29.99 is ready for despatch. I won't get chance to play tonight so not fussed about it being late.

ASDA proper stitched up their preorder customers...
If you preordered you got their special pack, which included a free tshirt and guide. The price was guaranteed to be less than something like £44.97 on release.
When I saw the price of £36.97 on here and AV forums I was buzzing.
Turns out, the preorder people dont get it for that price, we got it for £44.95... Thanks for that lol. Atleast I have a super mega awesome tshirt to wear ;)

In regards to the game, im still getting used to moving across to xbox from the ps3, but I dont think I like it as much as MW2 atm.
Respawning is terrible. Soo many times last night that I killed someone and they respawned literally 2feet away from me :S
I dunno how to describe it, but the graphics dont seem as good either... Not as intricate and detailed as MW2 imo.
I am proper loving up the Famas though! All round great! Just got the noob tube to buy for it and it'll be perfect ;)

I am loving it up to yet though tbf, got my copy at 12.30, home by 12.40, came off it at 5.50am. Back on again soon!

If you're on xbox, drop me an add :)

Fiesta ST-2
I agree with kev, killstreak are better balanced and it takes more skill than MW2. I disagree about sniping though I did awesome with the dragunov specially on domination. Yes it takes ages to get the sights up and ages again to hold breath but that's the way it should be. Also the guy that said its like the PS3 can't handle the size of the larger maps, again I agree it doesn't look like lag its like the framerate drops like on jungle or any other built up area.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Also the amount of time it takes to find a game is silly. Just made a cuppa and it's still not found one.

Sounds like its a problem your end. I and a couple other are getting straight into games and full green connections.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Sounds odd. All fine here though, not much help I know lol

Anyway to make everyone even happier the cunting care package glitch is back. Tell developed and tested

I thought that, so popped MW2 and no probs, went next door and had the same.

It did take a while for me to find a couple of games, but its generally been ok with me.

One thing we had problems with last night was that when we was in a party, we'd go to start a TDM lobby or whatever, and it would say "game session no longer available" or something along those lines, and break up the party. We'd then have to all invite back in together and try again! Did this loads to start with!

Bumder With A Buffer
I wasnt actually that bothered about playing it but now im stuck at work in a container testing stuff and freexing my arse off I really want to go home and just whazz on it...Maybe il see if I can do all my work quickly and piss off early

Bumder With A Buffer
wonder if tesco still have any

My local Tesco had 2 copies of 360 left and no PS3 ones this morning when I was getting lunch.

I didn't even think they were open last night but they obviously were.

Also they NEVER have in stock any LIVE membership or PSN credit so I reckon people paid full whack.

I went and got my copy last night at Game...was a queue of about 100 people and right opposite there is Gamestation and they had a queue of about 100 people as well.
Really like it and the maps are great...played till about 2am. :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Anyone else game freezez sometimes? 2nd time its happend now, load combat training and crash, ffs,

had my best score earlier 29kills 4deaths, gun shipm= awesome

Clio 182
Same as ever, wonder why im getting killed when i empty a clip into someone, look at the killcam and its nowhere near them lol

Renault Clio 1.4
Surprised by the combat training, really enjoy it. Need to get myself off the shitty core games now and onto hardcore, seperating the men from the boys! Have enjoyed the maps so far, all besides jungle anyway.

My post just came but no Black Ops :( :( :( I hope it comes with the Parcels if not i'm going to rage at Amazon.

EDIT: Just realised they sent it via courier. 09:13:09 AM is was on the van.

Last edited:
Not being funny or anything but pmsl at people queuing up at midnight to buy a GAME. Reminds me of Cartman pacing up and down waiting for the Wii to be released.