ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

New leaked screenshot of black ops...

goldeneye.jpg

Golf R32
Got mine up at the local Asda, thought how busy could it be lol

Got there at about 11:40 and they were giving out tickets, I was ticket 109 and people were still turning up :S eventually left there with a copy and got home at 1:05

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
just got back from tescos got there at half 12 que was beyond stupid, people who had already bought it were trying to sell it off @ £60 to aviod queing, stupid c***s, paid £25 for ops and £17 for 2100 points. game on 2moz evening.

Group of lads i was talking to have been asleep since lunch time and are playing it all night to night lol

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Really couldn't be bothered going to Asda at midnight again, went for the last one and GTA and with a mate for Fifa and it did my head in!
Ordered it from Amazon yesterday and it's been dispatched, probably wont even get a chance on it until the weekend.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Got to my asda at half past, about 30 people ahead of me. Get out and home by 12:15, turn on xbox and what do i get for the first time in 3 years?? Bloody RROD!! f**k My Life :(

flol see my earlier post!!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
been playing since 12:30 and tbh its ok, single player just doesnt impress me, online is good love how you have to buy weapons etc, but Zombie i love, the Level is massive so much to do on it, + theres extra 2 levels to do which is a bonus :D

Im enjoying it tbh, people need to stop comparing it to the previous games. Theyre dead, I couldnt go and play them now.

Fiesta ST-2
Enjoying it so far only problem is the spawns. Worst spawns out of any cod I've played. Several times 2-3 player have spawned behind me or I've spawned at the same time as someone else with my back to him. Nuke town takes the piss for this.

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
Will be picking this up when I finish work at 6am.

Did anyone notice if the asda stores had plenty of ps3 copies left?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I don't get what people are saying when they say it's average. it's the best cod game that's been out by far. The killstreaks seem perfect after the overly powerful mw2 streaks. Sniping is nails. Lol famas is a beast aswell. Only map I don't like so far is jungle as every1 camps. That jumping dive is gonna get tiresome though I can tell.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
definately not the best cod game so far...... far far from it, horrible lag (as usual), snipers have NO place in the game at all (as has been mentioned), takes half a clip to kill someone, terrible spawns etc etc. not a fan whatsoever.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hmm alot of conflicting reviews :( i wanted it to be good.

As Jason said, i f**king hate folk teaming up in a free-for-all it makes it a horrible game trying to find their hiding spot, as said trying to beat the system to rank higher! Pointless!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
oh and also having a decent surround sound 5.1/7.1 setup is pointless as it throws your own footsteps into the rear channels (mega loud) so you constantly thing there is someone following you.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
See I knew alot of people were gonna act like this because there's alot of new people on cod ie only started at mw2 so they think that's how it should be. I heard alot of people whinging last night on there mikes because when it comes to it there not accurate enough to get the kills that they got in mw2. Mw2 was made to make noobs look good the auto aim helped massively. All it took is 1 game on WAW to see what black ops was going to be like, I knew from the first video I saw it was going to have the same feel and the noobs didn't like that either.
Yes the spawns are abit funny at the mo i agree and getting collateral kills is harder than ever but good if it gets rid of all this tubing quick scope s**t. The feel of the game is also supperior to any other cod IMO.

I got to level 19 last night, so I could play hardcore (hate core mode), it's loads better. Felt like a different game after level 19.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im looking forward to getting into it, it seems like you have to work harder to earn things, i hope Treyarch listened to the forums about hacking and unlocking everything in 10 minutes that was a really big dissapointment for me to see it being exploited so easily!

Roll on tomorrow!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So it's still BF:BC2 > COD:BO?

LOL ;)

Still no reviews in yet. Apart from one German site, that gave it 70%. My mate played it all yesterday, absolutely loves it.

Edit. Never mind

What are my chances of picking up a copy after work today? It was too cold to Neva nerd last night :(

Last edited:
  Mk4 .:R32
Get the impression this game is a bit crap then??

I'm a COD virgin, thought I'd pre-order it. Starting to wish I hadn't from the negative reviews on here, and people's statuses on facebook!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I'm a COD virgin, thought I'd pre-order it. Starting to wish I hadn't from the negative reviews on here, and people's statuses on facebook!

Don't think it's going to be sh*t mate. I'd wait on the big guns reviews first. Like I say, my mate loves it, but he's an online veteran on all the COD's, so just didn't bother with single player, which a lot of folk want to play this time around. He says that the spawning can get a little frustrating, though.

I would have bought it today, definitely, but the soon to be released 4 new maps on Bad Company 2 has completely stopped me in my tracks.

IMO if you liked WAW, you'll love this.

It feels very WAW, down to the map layouts. I prefer it to MW2.

I remember when WAW came out, and loads of people went back to COD4, I didn't.

The killstreaks setup is a lot fairer. It's not like WAW, when there were dogs every 2mins. So far I've only seen 1 set of dogs. Some of the perks are brilliant (decoy, ballistic & CCTV)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've actually been purposely side tracking this thread to avoid temptation over the last few weeks and months, but are the weapons in this modern stuff, or more like sh*tty WWII jazz?

Skoda Fabia vRS
mines coming today woooo, looks like Very have come through and saved me £10+

09/11/20100
4:38 Received at WARRINGTON DEPOT
09/11/20100
7:38 Loaded onto van at WARRINGTON VAN

that looks like DPD to me, who are in my area usually between 10:30 and 11:30

i didnt give a toss about having it early, i just wanted it cheaper than Game @ £45 or whatever it was

Bus w**ker
IGN (8.5) and joystiq (4/5) both have reviews up now, as does The Telegraph...which for some reason calls it's COD:BLOWS all the way through the review and gives it 10/10 lol.

I'll see if HMV have a copy later and trade MoH in.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
IGN (8.5) and joystiq (4/5) both have reviews up now, as does The Telegraph...which for some reason calls it's COD:BLOWS all the way through the review and gives it 10/10 lol.

I'll see if HMV have a copy later and trade MoH in.

Decent scores, especially as they are only downgrading it due to the single player game, which a lot of folk don't even care about these days.

Skoda Fabia vRS
tbf MW2 put me off the multiplayer quite a bit, i was hoping for a good single player on this and then id probably trade it in for BC2 or MoH as ive never played those

Bumder With A Buffer
I tried playing MW2 recently after a break...it was too frustrating..quick scoping, campers, boosters etc. Just sold that actually but may buy another one in a few months once im bored of this new one.

I like MW2 as you could, in a way, pick it up and have a quick couple of go's online for a laugh. As said I was takin gmy K/D ratio very seriously at one point. Then I got bored and just started to try do all the challenges

Megane 225 F1
I don't have a working xbox, but while I'm in work tonight I may buy it while supermarket wars are going on. Be an idiot to not take advanatge of 10% off ;)

I'l just sit there and look at it all night.