ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh dear, i've bought an Audi ...

'I'm going to use my Trophy for the commute'
'Im going to use my other Trophy for the commute'
'I'm selling my mint Trophy'
'I've bought stupidly expensive seats for my Trophy, so it's really uncomfy on the commute'
'I'm selling stupidly expensive seats because I have to do lots of miles'
'I've bought an Audi TT'

You are a strange one, Dave.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Rob should have a dot after his name. Put him in the same leagues of wrong as Willdot. x

If you think grey, not silver, leather is better than black, you've clearly been drinking some of that fizzy pop you've just bought, sir!

If I take Rob. Do I have to dye my hair and play with dildo's? If so, I'm out.

'I've bought stupidly expensive seats for my Trophy, so it's really uncomfy on the commute'
'I've bought an Audi TT'

Can't say it doesn't make for interesting reading though!

If you think grey, not silver, leather is better than black, you've clearly been drinking some of that fizzy pop you've just bought, sir!

If I take Rob. Do I have to dye my hair and play with dildo's? If so, I'm out.

Which is why I bought a Panzer with black leather. Wait a minute...

And yes!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
'I've bought an Audi TT'

I get bored easily :rasp:

Anyway, its not the end of the world, for what the original Trophy cost me, i've ended up with a mint TT, & a decent enough Trophy. Win win ;)

You just like playing with your profit/loss spreadsheets.

I'd actually like a TT. I'm bored of ragging things everywhere and when I drove a CupraR I actually liked the drive/engine. Didn't seem dull to me.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
To be honest, there is something about Excel that i love, must be the geek in me :eek:

They're not that dull to be honest, if you like driving, anything can be fun!!

Especially with a remap

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
just over £5k for this one? hadn't realised they'd become so reasonable on price tbh!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not a fan of grey or silver leather or the 2 tone dash.. black on black is the safest option imo..

mind you nothing is as bad as the blue leather!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
just over £5k for this one? hadn't realised they'd become so reasonable on price tbh!

They havent got that cheap lol ... i wish!! You could get a early one for that, but not a later 'MK1 PH2' version, ie 3 bar grille, s-line suspension, RSTT alloys, etc.

And blue leather, why oh why would anyone choose that :S

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
alms_tt-baseball.jpg

om nom

They havent got that cheap lol ... i wish!! You could get a early one for that, but not a later 'MK1 PH2' version, ie 3 bar grille, s-line suspension, RSTT alloys, etc.

And blue leather, why oh why would anyone choose that :S

Ah, did these get the same GMBH handling upgrade? So -10mm and the RSTT 18s?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
alms_tt-baseball.jpg

My ex footie manager (big guy) has a soft top with the baseball interior, in that light blue colour!

Rank!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ah, did these get the same GMBH handling upgrade? So -10mm and the RSTT 18s?

Yah, they got most the bits & bobs that were introduced on the S-Line model, i.e. titanium coloured light surrounds, RSTT alloys, sports lowered suspension, alloy gear knob, different stereo, oval rear view mirror. Some changes were phased in all at once, some sporadically, ie parts bin specials.

Something along those lines anyway.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The following things are now missing from my life....

My respect for daves opinions
my respect for the way daves fights his corner regarding VAG cars
my respect for his knowledge
my respect for him choosing driver appeal rather than image.

That is all.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

That is all.
Agreed. Oddest car purchase I've seen on CS. And all of a sudden the 1.8t isn't dull. Feck off;).

:davesalyingjessiesmilie

120d M Sport

That is all.

It's ok, theres still Christopher who does a good enough job alone!

I'm slightly confused by your logic Dave, your mrs must be a tolerant one. You just want to add another car to that garage portfolio on Pistonheads don't you!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You just want to add another car to that garage portfolio on Pistonheads don't you!

Something like that ;)

Basically, because of the high miles i do, i tend to buy something, put 10-15k on it then move it on. That way i dont seem to get stung massively by depreciation, especially if i buy sensibly in the 1st place.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Something like that ;)

Basically, because of the high miles i do, i tend to buy something, put 10-15k on it then move it on. That way i dont seem to get stung massively by depreciation, especially if i buy sensibly in the 1st place.

Most sensible thing to do imo.

Buying a 3 year old derv and piling on the miles is all very well, but come resale time you will need to be holding your nuts!

Porsche Boxster S
lol, after all these years Dave, you've finally gone and properly joined our family :approve: Who would have thought you would finally give in and buy an Audi!!

So, that would your 8th car in the time I've had my MINI?? ;)

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
lol, after all these years Dave, you've finally gone and properly joined our family :approve: Who would have thought you would finally give in and buy an Audi!!

So, that would your 8th car in the time I've had my MINI?? ;)

Ha ha, it was going to happen at some point, access to diagnostics (Vag-Com) & the entire technical library and workshop manuals (your dad lol) always helps in these situations ...

Oh, & its the 9th car since you got the mini, 8 in the past 12 months ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Cue the jokes/haters/roflcopters :rasp:

Yup, the gearbox isnt overly precise, the steering isnt very positive & the engine sounds like a washing machine, but its a lovely place to sit & certainly better than a Fabia VRS.

Spec wise, its in a pretty rare colour (mauritius blue), with silver leather, BOSE, xenons, climate, heated seats, etc, etc, all the usual standardish features, makes it a very comfy place for my 90 mile commute. Seems to average 34mpg compared to 37 in the clio, so not the end of the world ...

you drive 90 miles to the salon?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I must say Gave...i mean Dave, on the drive back, everytime you flicked on the interior light (to check how gay you look in it perhaps?) it highlighted (hairdressing pun) your neatly styled and preened hair. ;)

To be fair to Dave, you can't accuse him of being boring. Gay, perhaps, but never boring.
As long as the last remaining Trophy endures then he is still a 'driving enthusiast' as well.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's not much else that fits the bill so well for a daily drive, as long as you've got something half decent to drive at home!
I still think they look better than the mk2's as well.

There's not much else that fits the bill so well for a daily drive, as long as you've got something half decent to drive at home!
I still think they look better than the mk2's as well.

They look better yeah, but the Mk2 drives much better IMO. Had a white one for a day when ours was in getting work done.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They look better yeah, but the Mk2 drives much better IMO. Had a white one for a day when ours was in getting work done.

Bang on. The chassis and engine are on a different level. Shows how unnecessary the haldex is on the mk1's.
I'd love a shot in the rs, the engine is meant to be a monster!

Bang on. The chassis and engine are on a different level. Shows how unnecessary the haldex is on the mk1's.
I'd love a shot in the rs, the engine is meant to be a monster!

If the S is anything to go off, it's a bloody good car. There was no give in the grip when pushing it around Silverstone.