ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh my god ! Clio fixed though...

Our lass has been on at me to sort the 172 out as it has needed a good going over for the last year but no cash and the car averaging about 10 mile a week its been neglected. Anyways fitted a new rad today filter oil change etc took it for a run, In this past year she also said it did not feel as quick as it used to as it was not a handfull any more and i agreed although as i have a 1.9dci scenic it did not feel that slow either lol

Anyway a good run out giving it some stick felt like it was not getting full throttle nearly back home i pulled the floor mat out on motorway slip road gave it some around the roundabout and nearly shat my pants!!! Its like a extra 100 horses :eek: Turns out it has the original mats from Renault are in there previous owner fitted some "cheap ones over top" and then our lass fitted some plush thick super duper ones :clown: 3 sets probably not getting 3/4 throttle.

She also reads this forum so this is my revenge...

172 Cup
I've had the floor mat get caught on the accelerator before holding it at about 1/2 throttle, not good when you're driving through town lol.