ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OH no, wheres the locking wheel nut....

330i. E30 Touring.
Most garages won't have a master.

Give them a call and ask where they've put it.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
If the nut doesn't have a spinning collar you can get a gatorgrip universal socket.
image.jpg

Like above. Or if it has a spinning collar, the socket won't fit, you'll have to get somone to weld a spare bolt to the centre of the locking bolt and remove as normal.

I always advise people to not use locking bolts. firstly they're a pain in the ass to get off just because they're such poorly made bolts, the thread will fuse to the hub and the key pattern will lose its shape under pressure of a breaker bar (which you will need eventually). Secondly your wheels probably aren't that desirable to warrant stealing. No offence, but I'd only use the most well made locking bolts on £1000+ alloys

Ah, just being a blind bloke again, too early in the morning when I went out before. Found it hidden somewhere different by the garage but no harm done.

Thanks for the help anyway. What my newly coated turinis aren't worth £1000.... Haha, sure I could find someone desperate enough on here :) Well I dont have the normal nuts any longer as they were a wreck from previous owner. Might upgrade to shiny ones or a stud convert next year if I get into racing.