ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil advice

My 172 is four months old and done about3500 miles. The last couple of days the oil warning light has been flashing on and off. Ive checked it and its a bout 1/3 into the allowed parameters. Spoke to spmeone at renault and they just said to top it up with some semi-synthetic stuff.

Im not mechanically minded at all so whats the best stuff to put in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

Lionel Richie

erm, if it was my car i would be putting fully synthetic mobil1 0W40 in, just my opinion, some people i know take the veiw oil is just oil!!!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

if its just a top up it needs, buy a 1l bottle of Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 next time your fillin up with petrol, if your at a Total/Elf Station......get Quartz 9000 5W-40.........if your at Halfords get the silver one, fully synthetic 5W-40......if your at a Texaco, go somewhere else its crap !:)