ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil - Again :/

i always put a dash of sawdust in to keep thinsg nice and quiet, i believe nick reads also does as it was him who started me off doing it.

i always put a dash of sawdust in to keep thinsg nice and quiet, i believe nick read also does this, as it was him who started me off doing it.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Man-Chun i also seacrhed for a 10W-50

well......Elf do it...Total do it.....and so do Silkolene

ive actually used the Silkolene one and i loved it

ive got 7 x 1L bottles of the Total Racing 10W-50 fully synthetic if you want to buy it off me, its been shipped from France and all the bottles are unopened

Renault Laguna Coupe

Andy,
I needed 2 litres of oil at 3000 miles. Instead of worrying about what to use I just took it to the dealer where I bought it and moaned a bit - new cars shouldnt use oil etc etc.) 10 minutes later I was all topped-up and ready to go - no charge. Try it!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Andy^,

The 6k service is a freeby safety check. They lift up the bonnet and then rub their chin will saying ummm yes umm then close it down again and stamp the book to say the safety check has been done.

As to adding fully syn to semi syn, this can be done as to what oil to use this is a personal choice, but if you use to thinner oil eg 0w it may make the engine a little noisy at startup because this oil has the viscosity similar to water and normally used in very very cold countries where the oil is not as free flowing when cold.

With my car I did the first oil change at 1000 miles and I used 5w40 fully syn oil which when I looked in the manual was fine for the job. Look at it this way, How long you intending to keep the car ? For me only 3 years or so, if I was going to keep it until the car was completely dead then a really good quality Fully Syn oil would be put in every 3000 miles or so to decrease engine where.

Also had a good look into oil additives and these in my opinion are a waste of time. Done some reading up and it turns out most good quality oils have the ingredients in that oil additives have anyway so why spend £20 on XYZ product when the oil has this in anyway ?

Anyway thats my thoughts on oil etc.

OMG!!!!
what a long thread on oil!!!
oils oil!!!! dont worry yourself on it.

just use the original rating, you cant improve on what the engines designed to run on, unless its a race prepped motor running 9krpm etc.

as for BRUN!
jeez, a bit obcessive!
you should work for a petroleum comp.!
BTW, why the interest in oil!?

Ok, im gona put some fully synth in on top if u guys think it will be ok. I like shell products, so ill put Shell Helix Ultra...5/40 in.

Thanks for the.....loOoooOoong thread

--Andy

Skoda Fabia vRS

i dont really know how my oil fetish lol started

but im quite known for bein obsessed about it

Brun seeing as your a bit of a expert in the oil department what do you think of Mobil 1 15w50 or Castrol RS 10w60. Is the Castrol still on sale?. I want the best oil for the car tho. I think Redline do 15w50 also.

Cheers,

Chun.

Skoda Fabia vRS

ive not seen the Castrol RS 10W-60 variety on sale for months, and the website has been down the same length of time

Mobil 1 15W-50 (M/Sport) is a very very good oil, however its crap for cold starts

trust me mate, if you want the best, get Silkolene Pro R 15W-50 if thats the kind of ratin your lookin at, you will never ever use any other oil in your car once you try it, its very very good, and has a very high ester content which means it will stick your engine like magnatec does......only better

its red too

if your anywhere near the north west i could get some for you if you want....its £34 for 5L compared to the others £34 fr 4L

Hasnt there been threads saying that magnatec being bad for turbo cars because the oil stick too whell to the turbo bearings?. I just read that somewhere could be a load of poo tho.

Cheers,

Chun.