ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil and water temps on 172 cup

clio 200

Right as i am planning of doing alot of track driving and going to the ring a few times next yr i would like to know if anyone has gauges or a system that displays things such as water temp, oil temp and pressure. i know what alot of you will probably say but i think you can tell alot by monitoring temps and pressures

And if so can anyone recommend any particular brand, i have seen the defi link display system but totals around £400 to display the things i want, but is exactly what im looking for as its one display unit that displays all temps and pressures, anyone know of any other systems like this???

I checked the Demon Tweeks catalogue. They have the Defi-Link Display cost 200.93GBP (incl. VAT) which can show a lot of things. I think it is very good price to get all the data in one gauge. But fitting cost is a concern.

clio 200

yeah and that price is just for the display, then you need to control unit which is around £70-£90 and then the sensors for each temp, pressure etc which again arent cheap. i am not worried of the fitting cost as my m8 has got 4 defi gauges which he wired himself so he can give me a hand

most important will be oil pressure and temp, water temp you already have.

And most certainly get an oil cooler.

clio 200

thankyou very much ben r, didnt know if an oil cooler would be a good idea on this engine as on some they can cool the oil to much, but thanks for the advice, do you do any kits eg coolers and gauges

Lionel Richie

Mark Fish is your man, or Team Think

we fitted a Mocal unit to Yozzas Cup, very nice, i think it was about £150

clio 200

yozzas engine would definately need one, so with my engine being standard do you still think its gonna be worth fitting a cooler aswell oil temp and pressure guages as i will be giving the car some stick over the next yr

Std engines still run oil temps in the region of 100-110 deg daily driving and motorway use.

Ideally you want to keep oil at or below 100c.

There are plenty of places to buy oil cooler kits, but after dealing with a few, i use a guy who builds them and thus you dont pay a premium on silly brand names.

If you track it, its basically essential as you will be experiencing oil temps above 120-130c, which is killing the oil, and the oil you have in it will only last 5-10 hours on the track.

Get an oil cooler kit, push on fittings, about 3m of hose, a sandwhich plate which has the thermostat inside it (will prevent oil being circulated through cooler unless above 86c), and you can place an oil temp sender in the lines, either to, after, or both......or in the sump.

Yea i can get you one, i am actually ordering a couple on monday for others.

If you drop me an email or give me a call on monday (details at http://www.angel-works.co.ukwww.angel-works.co.uk) then i can inform you of what is needed.

Do you want temp and pressure senders/gauges?

SPA or stack.....but they certainly are not cheap at all.

If you can, best to buy some that suit your wallet and preferences.

clio 200

im thinking of getting the defi link display due to the fact that im not really that keen on having 3 seperate guages. where as the link display is just one unit that gives all the info i need. do you know of any other manufactures that do a digital display that give you temps, and pressures except stack

SPA do dual digital gauges which has both oil temp and pressure on a single gauge.

The defi link stuff is nice, but costs a fortune as youll need the link control box and the link display.