ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil breather filter!!!

1.2 dynamique 54 Black
hi not to sure how they help the engine!!! my friend recomended one but not to sure how they will help and where to get one from for my car got a clio 1.2 16v 03.

cheerz nick

Ph1 172
If you don't know what it is or what it does, or if it is going to be any help, why do you want one?

Look on ebay for breather filter.

RS RIP
waste of time, can't be done on that engine anyway

why waste of time Fred ?

Okay , it might not be possible on a 1,2 engine , but when looking at the TB of the 172, nearly all the mess+guck in there (eventually breaking it when not cleaned regularly) , is from the crankcase breather-tube ? When fitting such a filter you wo'nt get any oil-guck-mess in the TB i'm thinking...

Renault have designed it like this to not spill oil into atmosphere/onto the road, environmental reasons ?

Mind that with such a breather-filter your enginebay will be a bit smelly, can be nausiating

RS RIP
... i recommend them to keep the TB clean..

I'm no expert but it's obviously dirty-ing up everything in there ( the crankcase-breathertube that is)
I'm getting one.