ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Breather Pipe loose

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
On my 172 ph2, literally every time I open my bonnet the metal elbow has popped out of the breather hole and dangles down

running the standard intake hose atm

Anyone else had this problem or come up with a solution?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
its not the rubber hose that's popping of its the actual metal elbow popping out of the breather hole :/

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
WP_20170208_16_20_59_Pro.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can't say ive ever had an issue or read anything about that :(.

Can only hazard a guess and say the pipe is a tad too short, something like that maybe

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Mind sometimes pops off the metal bit but the metal bit has never come out. Never seen that before.

RB 182 FF
This is a bit of a bump.... I just wanted to give a heads up to folk with a 1*2 that I've had the same issue as @leeds2592 ..... I went to clean and re-oil my K&N panel filter and noticed my oil breather hose was just loose behind the engine... I've reattached it and added a jubilee clip, I just thought I'd let others know to check theirs as I'm sure it's not a good thing having it loose and sucking in hot unfiltered air from behind the engine... :rolleyes:🙈

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This is a bit of a bump.... I just wanted to give a heads up to folk with a 1*2 that I've had the same issue as @leeds2592 ..... I went to clean and re-oil my K&N panel filter and noticed my oil breather hose was just loose behind the engine... I've reattached it and added a jubilee clip, I just thought I'd let others know to check theirs as I'm sure it's not a good thing having it loose and sucking in hot unfiltered air from behind the engine... :rolleyes:🙈
Doesnt suck anything does it? It's literally just blowing out oil I think

RB 182 FF
Doesnt suck anything does it? It's literally just blowing out oil I think

If the pipe has slipped off the breather connector on the engine it's then open ended.. if my understanding of physics is correct, when the throttle is open sucking in big amounts of air it'll cause a vacuum effect in the oil breather pipe and suck warm dirty air in... I think...!

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
My fix for this was to drill a hole above where the elbow pushes in and have use a small screw just to give it something to grip on. Hasn't popped out since 😊

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Brake cleaner the surfaces and a bit of strong epoxy resin will keep it in place no bother.