ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil burner engine mods

1.5 dci Expression
Morning! Are there any quick and easy modifications that can be made to my 1.5dci van engine wise without risk of blowing it up? ie, turbo upgrade, remapping, gearbox etc. ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A decent remap makes a big difference to the performance on those engines. Fuel economy gets better too.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Sorry to hijack this thread but Chip do you think a remap on my wife's tdci cmax would help with the s**t that it chucks out?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sorry to hijack this thread but Chip do you think a remap on my wife's tdci cmax would help with the s**t that it chucks out?

TBH it shouldnt be chucking s**t out in the first place if it is standard, more likely its got a fault than needs a remap.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini

PSA lumps arent they? If so they should be very clean burning. The use a DPF system that 'catches' the crap and burns it off every so often.

The 136ps 2.0 lump I used to have in my Pug 307 NEVER EVER smoked in general use. Out neighbour has an SMAX with the same engine and it also is very clean burning.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It doesn't do it all the time. It just tends to spew out some when you pull away quickly sometimes.

Diesels in general do soot up a little when you are just pottering around, and then when you open it up the soot all gets chucked out the back. They arent really suitable for town only use cars despite them getting used for that so much, they could do with a good thrashing once a week really.

1.5 dci Expression
Any decent places in the Stafford area that can do this sort of thing? Mine smokes a little when I boot it but it does a 70 mile round trip every day so it should be okay! Someone has suggested bigger turbo, bigger injectors etc. But I don't really want to go too far for reliability issues!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
remap it and leave it.
if its a clio dci 65 you can bolt on a dci80/100 intercooler and have it mapped.

bigger injectors - non that will fit the ports as of yet. can upgrade to a 80-100 injectors as both sets are more efficiant (sp )

egr delete ( will chuck out more crap )

decat.

list goes on. stay well away from the fuel pump. !

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
what hp variant my old dci 100 mapped to 122 and that was quick used to 90+mpg when i sat at 60 on the motorway. i miss how good it was on fuel!