ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil filter removal tool

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
well to be fair, i won't be paying £30 for it - staff discount ftw ;)

will a strap jut be ok then?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
lol pikey option ftw! i think i'd rather get a proper tool that can be used on other cars aswell.

a black one
Fair play, i only do my own car tbf, so it only ever comes round every 6-8k miles so screwdriver is sufficient. If I were you I'd get the strap type tool though.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ you try releasing one with your hand, its mega hard,

I have te chain tool, easy to use and cheap to :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
You must be a matcho man then, as iv tried and its way tight, the chain just slacks it up nicely :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i think im gonna buy that laser tool anyway and a strap one to add to my ever growing tool set! i suppose every car will need different ones, so i get that one and a strap one i should be covered!

which chain one do you recommend jay_low?

think i've got 2 or 3 cheap ones (strap/chain efforts) and they're all useless - just have a go by hand or use a screwdriver

they'll make sense if you're a prof mechanic and are doing several every day, but DIY, i'd not bother

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
flippin hell, handbags or what! i only wanted a recommendation on a filter tool for a 172!

looks like it would be wise to buy a gripper and a strap/and or chain - as this will cover or vehicles im planning to change the filters on!

I managed to get mine off with the cheapo chain tool from Halfords. It is abit of pain pissing about due to their being little room, got to be careful to not snap any sensors around that area as well.