ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil for 172

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

Silkolene, Silkolene, Silkolene, it is the best. I have no cold start problems, no jerkiness on cold mornings and starts first time every time since using this. It is the best though a little expensive but def worth it.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I take Mobil1 fully synthetic to my dealers and get them to use that - it also works out cheaper than their oil!

Skoda Fabia vRS

you WILL have to buy it yourself, dealers have there own oil and wont be willing to get you a diff type

anyone tried synta gold?, its available from vw/audi dealers and is a fully synthetic oil but not too overpriced like some others... I used to use it on my 2.0 s16 pug for ages, found it excellent and not too searching as mobil 1 can be...

Dont be fooled by marketing, mobil 1 is excellent but they dont get gp sponsorship for free, comes out of our pockets..

On another note, is it best to postpone the first oil change a while?? i used to change it every 3-5k in the pug but it had 30k on it when i bought it. some people say that a new engine will not bed in properly if a fancy oil (ie mobil 1) is put in too soon and that a mineral oil is put in at the factory to allow this bedding in to occur...

Im almost at 2k now in the cup and am in 2 minds as to whether to change it now or leave it a while longer..

Any thoughts anyone?

pugboy

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

My Cup is at 3,000 now and I too am wndering whether to change my oil and filter, I know its well before the 12,000 mile service, however, will this do my engine any harm?

All advice please, and thanks for the posts!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Abbs,

I changed mine at 1k and I am going to change it at 6k and then let the monkeys at renault change if at the 12k service. Basically every 6k I am going to do any oil change.

I do mine on a regular basis cause I drive the car fairly hard and its piece of mind for £25.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Mav, on newer engines the 0 rating is ok, but imho wouldnt recommend it on older engines (6+ years old). Saying that, I had it in my old 16v (1994) and it was great, 110,000 miles when I sold it (2 years ago) with no probs.