ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil for 182

RenaultSport Clio 182
Car informed me yesterday that I need oil. Left her on the drive and this morning popped to Halfords to get a couple of litres. The handbook suggests 5W-40 but all they had was a Halfords branded bottle and I didn't fancy that. Spoke with one of their guys who checked and said 10W-40 was fine and I purchased 4.5L of Castrol GTX Magnatec.

Would any of you use this or should I leave the car where it is until I can get to Renault tomorrow and buy some of the real stuff ?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Silkolene Pro S 5W40 FULLY SYNTHETIC.

Or Shell Helix Ultra.

Just make sure its 5W40 and Fully Synthetic for best performance.

RenaultSport Clio 182
JMR Monaco172 said:
Silkolene Pro S 5W40 FULLY SYNTHETIC.

Or Shell Helix Ultra.

Just make sure its 5W40 and Fully Synthetic for best performance.

Cheers JMR. Bit limited on choice of shop on a Sunday so ended up spending £33 of my own money at a Shell station. Then realised I could of purchased the oil on my company fuel card. Doh. :mad:

5-40 or 10-40 is fine its just 5-40 protects down to -3-0 or somehting and 10-40 protects to just -20 or something I've writed a thread about it some time agao.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
RifRaf said:
Cheers JMR. Bit limited on choice of shop on a Sunday so ended up spending £33 of my own money at a Shell station. Then realised I could of purchased the oil on my company fuel card. Doh. :mad:

At least youve got some decent stuff in there. Running mine on shell helix ultra at moment and got mine from the local garage. Paid £45 for 6 litres.

Presume yr changing the filter?