ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil for 182

RenaultSport Clio 182
Car informed me yesterday that I need oil. Left her on the drive and this morning popped to Halfords to get a couple of litres. The handbook suggests 5W-40 but all they had was a Halfords branded bottle and I didn't fancy that. Spoke with one of their guys who checked and said 10W-40 was fine and I purchased 4.5L of Castrol GTX Magnatec.

Would any of you use this or should I leave the car where it is until I can get to Renault tomorrow and buy some of the real stuff ?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Silkolene Pro S 5W40 FULLY SYNTHETIC.

Or Shell Helix Ultra.

Just make sure its 5W40 and Fully Synthetic for best performance.

RenaultSport Clio 182
JMR Monaco172 said:
Silkolene Pro S 5W40 FULLY SYNTHETIC.

Or Shell Helix Ultra.

Just make sure its 5W40 and Fully Synthetic for best performance.

Cheers JMR. Bit limited on choice of shop on a Sunday so ended up spending £33 of my own money at a Shell station. Then realised I could of purchased the oil on my company fuel card. Doh. :mad:

5-40 or 10-40 is fine its just 5-40 protects down to -3-0 or somehting and 10-40 protects to just -20 or something I've writed a thread about it some time agao.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
RifRaf said:
Cheers JMR. Bit limited on choice of shop on a Sunday so ended up spending £33 of my own money at a Shell station. Then realised I could of purchased the oil on my company fuel card. Doh. :mad:

At least youve got some decent stuff in there. Running mine on shell helix ultra at moment and got mine from the local garage. Paid £45 for 6 litres.

Presume yr changing the filter?