ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil for Valver

mobil 1 is crap in the valver.

Raises oil temps (without your oil cooler nick lol) by a good 10-15 deg peak temps.

But typically msot oils are fine.

Focus ST

Ive never had any problems with high oil temp using mobil 1 in the valver, and the clio handbook recommends 15w50 for its multivalve models so thats good enough for me

If you have ever used it on track then you will see that it will reach a higher peak than otehr oils, abuot 130 deg, and its motorway temps are circa 110 on all valvers i have seen using it.

It looses alot of viscosity with temp aswell.

And the handbook reccomends 10w40, but also gives you a choice dependant on operating ambient temps.

Focus ST

Oh right, I must have a different handbook to you then?

You are right, my motorway temp is about 110 deg, but only if Im going 90+, I thought that was fairly normal? - If Im cruising at about 70 to 80 then it stays around the 100 mark.

I used Castrol GTX Magnatec before and it ran rougher and hotter on that, I changed to Mobil 1 because my handbook says 15w50, and Id heard it recommended on here.

May have to consider changing again.....:confused:

If live in Sweden i would use 10w-60 during the summertime (if thrashed lot)

Helix i would leave to shop and buy Elf Excellium 5w-40 for the other periods or very good allround use. Heard also that people who use valvers and willys for rallying use Valvoline Vr1 Racing 5w-50...

Well, its very good yes, best oil ive ever used, but i live in country east from yours and wouldnt put that to engine when freezing... in cold starts thats no good... but when hot its charasteristics are unbeatable!

BMW 320d Sport

LOL but how accurate is the valver oil temp clock Ben! :)I can only recommend what Ive used and I know it works, my valvers engine has had a hard life and every time its been opened up it has been in A1 condition. Apart from when I busted those 4 pistons that is; it looked a bit untidy then. But Ive never had any temps out of Mobil 1 that I hadnt seen with other oils a long time ago when I used them. Other oils I used had turned to sludgy crap after hitting 130-140 degrees on high speed runs, Mobil 1 has always come out of the bottom of the engine almost the same consistency as it went in the top, just black instead of brown. It seems to work so if it aint broke dont fix it.

Inaccurate in that it might be a few degrees off true, but they are so simple to manufactuer that there is no point making one that will misread by anything more than 4-5 deg.

And due to its nature, its accurate in its repeatability and comparability.

So id say its fine :D

And its gotta be a pretty crap oil to come out sludgy after 140 peak period temps (but how accurate is your temp nick? ;))