ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil grade in Cup

I need to top up the engine oil in my Cup. What type/grade do Renault recomend? I cant make heard nor tail of the handbook...

Right - I bought some Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic 15/50 from Halfords and Im using that.

The manual seems to suggest using 10/30 or 10/40 or 10/50. Whos using what in their 172 or Cup????

Skoda Fabia vRS

FULLY SYNTHETIC 5W-40

i would NOT use Mobil 1 Motorsport in a Cup !.........its a bit thick for it, its a new car !

change it to the 0W-40 Mobil 1, and id bet you notice a power increase

if its just a top up mate then use Mobil 1 0W-40 / Total Quartz 9000 5W-40 / Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40

all of those are fully synthetic

Brun,

I used Mobile 1 0W-40 from 6k to 12k miles. Now the car is in for 12,000 miles service would it be better to put in Mobile 1 15W-50 motorsport or stick with 0W-40.

cheers

in period of time 0W40 gives problems we provided all our Clio´s with 0w50 bad choice, after one season three engine´s needed NEW bearings !! don´t ask me why, since 2001 we put 5W50 Delivered by Renault itself and in three years (at least till now) NO problems !! There are even four engine´s running for almost three years without rearing anything (well ok the sequencial gearbox needs it every season but ok9

to be short it would NOT be my choice suit yourself of course....

Cheers