ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak help :(

Hi Guys

So I picked up my car after it had been in the garage for a few days to have turbo to manifold bolts, studs and gasket changed. whilst also sorting an oil leak from the oil return.

Anyway they said check fluids etc but they had been topped up.

So I checked oil and was showing half full, so I just presumed they hadn't really topped it up. this was Monday.

Tonight I got home from work, had a shower and went back out, on starting the car I get oil warning flashing, so I flicked it off and back on again and still same.

Got some tissue and checked oil, 3 times I checked and it was completely empty :(

Anyway got a lift to pick up some oil from petrol station as all shops were shut. 2 litres of shell helix 5w40 for £34!!!

put both in and said I'd check properly tomorrow morning. anyway just now checked again and its full :S no idea how this is off 2 litres?

still have an oil leak as there's fresh drips but how can it be bone dry to full off 2 litres?

ah ok, but why would that come on? because it has so much missing? and when i pulled the dip stick out and it was dry on 3 attempts I did worry.

sorry for all the questions mate, I'm sick to the back teeth of this pissing car or the work that's been done on it. was all good standard :(

It's come on to warn you that the engine oil level is below 'minimum' which you have confirmed on the dipstick.

You really haven't had the best time with it have you.... Where are you based mate?

so would that potentially be there's still a few litres in?

Not at all mate! be 6 months this Sunday :banghead: since first going in for turbo work.

I'm in Bolton which is Manchester area.

Yes, there will have still been oil in it. Since you put two litres in and its now full, there must have been!

Have you considered taking it to Andy? (Clioturbo) He is the chap that's done mine and I couldn't recommend him enough - he has been amazing and I am sure he would be willing to check it over for you.

Haha sorry George my head is all over the place, I mean if there's a litre lost would that be 4 litres remaining? is it 5 litres full?

I wish I took it to Andy first if that's what you mean, but not since as I hoped it would all turn out ok. it's a long way to go to get your car checked over and I'm sure Andy has better things to do.