ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak

Clio 182
Hi guys, my mate got his clio serviced last week and now has an oil leak. He's bringing it round tomorrow for me to have a look and see if we can sort it out.

I'm guessing it's probably coming from the sump plug, or the oil filter given the fact there were no leaks at all before it was serviced! My questions are:

1) If it's the plug I assume the only solution is to completely drain all the oil, fit a brand new washer, then refill the oil?

2) If it's the oil filter, could I get away with just taking it out then retightening it without draining all the oil, and just topping up with the 100ml or so that is usually inside the filter? Or will I need to again drain all the oil before doing this?

Cheers, Ross :cool:

Clio 182
It was the plug in the end, so we did just fit a new washer and refill the oil.

Out of interest though - could we have done the filter without draining the oil if needed?